AbbVie Medical Advisor Immunology - Rheumatology in Wavre, Belgium
Medical Advisor Immunology - Rheumatology
Belgium, Walloon Brabant, Wavre
Represent the affiliate’s medical/scientific voice of expertise for Upadacitinib in rheumatology. Provide medical / scientific expert advice / guidance to key customers, including scientific exchange and professional relationship development with key thought leaders / external experts.
Provide medical / scientific input into Medical Affairs strategies for the affiliate medical department and commercial plans, as required, and medical / scientific support for medical department activities under the overall direction of the Affiliate Medical Director.
Provide medical affairs support to cross-functional affiliate teams.
Ensure that the medical affairs role isfully integrated to support the strategy and execution of affiliate business, while being functionally independent.
Develop and maintain in depth knowledge for Upadacitinib in rheumatology through attendance / participation at key internal meetings/training sessions, relevant congresses, and seminars and by regular self-study of the national/Area literature.
Provide expert medical/scientific advice for Upadacitinib in rheumatology, including responding to requests for scientific/technical information; contribute to the development and medical and scientific accuracy of core dossiers generated by the medical department (i.e. pricing and reimbursement dossiers, HEOR dossiers, medical information packs, clinical expert reviews etc.).
Establish and maintain professional and credible relationships with key thought leaders / external experts and academic centers; this will involve participating in scientific congresses, coordinating advisory boards, round-table meetings, discussion fora etc.
Deliver scientific presentations and medical education programs to healthcare professionals individually or in groups (meetings, clinical sessions, etc.), where appropriate.
Screen relevant literature and other information from relevant scientific societies meetings and conferences and develop summaries of key messages for use within the Company (e.g. key areas of scientific/company interest, new trends in diagnosis, monitoring and treatments in the therapeutic area, etc.)
Deliver training to in field teams and other departments; develop and update relevant training materials.
Clinical Research Activities:
a. Design and implement clinical research projects within defined standards and budgets (e.g. Phase IV, post marketing clinical activities such as registry/database projects, epidemiological surveys, and PMOS studies).
b. Provide the required oversight to manage review, approval and conduct of IIS studies.
c. Support the affiliate Clinical Research Department in the management of clinical studies, as appropriate (e.g. review new clinical study protocols, identifying potential investigators/sites, conducting feasibility surveys).
Review and preparation of promotional material. Ensure the medical/scientific content is correct and fully compliant with AbbVie’s internal policies and guidelines.
Provide medical/scientific input into marketing strategy and key commercial initiatives, as required. Monitor the environment for competitive intelligence (e.g. product strategies, studies, commercial messages, positioning, etc.) and communicate, where appropriate, within the Company.
Ensure compliance with all applicable national laws and regulations, guidelines, codes of conduct, AbbVie’s policies and procedures and accepted standards of best practice.
ACCOUNTABILITY & SCOPE:
· Provide input, as required, into the development of the medical affairs plans for the affiliate medical department and local commercial plans; collaborate and partner with local business partners to ensure that medical activities for are aligned with local business-related strategic plans.
· Ensure that local medical affairs implementation plans are executed efficiently.
· Ensure adherence to all applicable national laws and regulations, guidelines, codes of conduct, AbbVie standards, policies and procedures.
· Operate as a scientific interface and resource to HCPs/Customer(s), Health Care Institutions, External Experts, and professional associations regarding assigned AbbVie Products or Products in Development.
· Provide specialist medical/scientific strategic input and operational support of core activities such as local clinical research, HCP/Customer interactions, generation and communication of clinical and scientific data, educational initiatives and patient safety for assigned products / therapeutic areas.
INTERNAL / EXTERNAL CONTACTS AND INTERACTIONS:
· Affiliate medical personnel: Clinical Research Manager, Clinical Operations Manager, Medical Advisers; Medical Information team / specialists; affiliate pharmacovigilance / drug safety personnel;
· Marketing and Sales personnel for assigned product and therapeutic area; Market access teams; Affiliate Brand teams Leads and members.
· Affiliate Government Affairs; Affiliate Public Affairs; Regulatory Affairs.
· Global Medical Information; Global HEOR.
· Library Information Resources.
· Regionally and HQ based Therapeutic Area medical affairs teams
· Area/Regional commercial Staff / Brand Team members
· Area Medical Affairs teams.
· Project/Medical Directors and Clinical Teams within Pharmaceutical Development and Global Medical Affairs.
· Healthcare personnel, Investigators, External Experts.
· Institutions and Scientific or Medical Societies.
· Hospitals and Local Regulatory Authorities.
IDEAL CANDIDATE :
· Medical Degree or a master degree in a scientific discipline or higher with profound experience in a similar role in the pharmaceutical industry. Experience in product launch is a plus.
· Fluently in English, Flemish and French
· Keen interest in developing and maintaining expert knowledge for assigned therapeutic area/product and in medical research in general.
· Excellent written and spoken communication and presentation skills.
· Fluency in written and oral English is highly desirable in order to facilitate communications between the affiliate medical department, Regional and Area Medical Affairs and other AbbVie functional staff.
· High customer orientation
· Strong commitment to compliance with the relevant rules and procedures, and to scientific quality and integrity
· Collaborative, team-oriented approach, able to develop and support relationships across an organization as well as with key external stakeholders and the healthcare community at large. Experience being an active contributor to cross-functional teams and/or working in matrix organizations will be an advantage. Works independently: limited guidance/oversight. Works broadly across functions to facilitate and support the affiliate’s medical and clinical activities as necessary.
· Sound judgment, strong planning and organizational skills, and the ability to get things done. Demonstrated strong sense of urgency.