AbbVie District Manager, Dermatology, Ontario in Virtual Office, Ontario
District Manager, Dermatology, Ontario
Canada, Ontario, Virtual Office
AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-driven biopharmaceutical company committed to developing innovative advanced therapies for some of the world’s most complex and critical conditions. The company’s mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation to markedly improve treatments across four primary therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, virology and neuroscience. In more than 75 countries, AbbVie employees are working every day to advance health solutions for people around the world. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
Our current business is made up of our HUMIRA product line for the Dermatology therapeutic area—to help treat plaque psoriasis and hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) with launch of a new asset in psoriasis expected for 2019.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Communicate the business vision to the sales team. Implement plans to achieve brand sales targets while adhering to operating budgets.
• Ensure the alignment of key messages and the consistency with agreed strategies and tactics identified for the different stakeholders.
• Promote optimal sales force effectiveness. Ensure sales team is fully staffed, lead and coach through the performance excellence process, maintain an accurate succession plan and guarantee the right level of support with regards to training and materials. Attract, motivate, develop and retain talented individuals.
• Adhere to action plans, lead successful rollout of tactical sales plans and optimizes allocation of promotional resource across stakeholders and/or geographies.
• Conduct field based work with days with sales representatives to assess their performance, evaluate market conditions and customer acceptance of AbbVie products, including marketing strategies.
• Analyzes territory sales and trends—provide feedback to brand team members regarding competitive activities and market opportunities.
• Establish a strong collaborative team across all relevant field based function, to align and execute regional strategies and in-field initiatives.
• Coach and serve as a role model in the established sales approach.
• Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or Science.
• Sales experience in pharmaceutical industry with a proven track record (2-3 years).
• Preferably with people management experience (2-3 years).
• Must possess a broad business perspective, with an in-depth understanding of finance
• Market access and project management skills.
• Knowledge of the regulatory environment considered an asset.
• Advanced English (written and verbal). French is an asset.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) as well as Outlook
• Operate and communicate effectively in a matrix environment.
• Lead, inspire and coach.
• Quickly react to and/or resolve business and HR issues.
• Prepare and deliver high quality presentations.
• Prioritize decisions in activities. To make difficult decisions to ensure efficient use of resources and address critical issues impacting the Brand.
• Negotiate; funding, projects, resources, etc.
• Analyze and interpret data/trends to translate into business opportunities.
• Communicate effectively and influence stakeholders. Strong oral and written skills required.
• Position will require travel about 30 to 40% of the time.
• Requires a valid driver’s license and passport.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Posting End Date: February 12, 2019
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced