AbbVie District Sales Manager, HCV (Quebec or Ontario). Posted till May 29th in Virtual Office, Canada
District Sales Manager, HCV (Quebec or Ontario). Posted till May 29th
Canada, Quebec, Virtual Office
Given the Company’s deep commitment to HCV, the SPD Virology organization is seeking a Sales Manager Virology reporting to Business Unit Manager Neurology & Virology–Specialty Products Division. This is a newly created role.
The Sales Manager Virology will have responsibility for coordinating and managing customer and other commercial activities on national level, leading and coaching of sales force to maximize short and long term sales performance placing the patient at the center of any efforts and operating within AbbVie’s business code of conduct, policies and all applicable laws and regulations across Canada. This position is based in the Montreal area.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Create and implement effective sales strategies brand plan and lead nationwide sales personnel towards achievement of corporate sales objectives.
• Establish a positive, healthy and trusted work environment for the National sales team members in accordance with the desired AbbVie culture and behaviors.
• Implement a performance management process for all staff which includes monitoring the performance of personnel on an on-going basis and conducting formal reviews.
• Clarify and communicate the business objectives to the sales team and implement plans to achieve Brand sales targets while adhering to operating budgets.
• Oversee the strategic planning, implementation and monitoring of the Business Unit’s programs and key projects.
• Ensure the alignment of key messages and the consistency with agreed strategies and tactics identified for the different stakeholders.
• Coach and mentor staff, as appropriate, to improve individual and team performance by: Ensuring sales team is fully staffed; Ensuring the right level of support with regards to training and materials; Attract, motivate, develop and retain talented individuals; Drive sales team to be focused and deliver on Key Performance Indicators.
• Conduct in field “work with” days with sales representatives to; assess their performance, evaluate market conditions and customer acceptance of AbbVie products and marketing /strategies and leverage best practices across the country.
• Analyzes territory sales and trends using AbbVie Care database. Provide feedback to Brand Team members regarding, competitive activities and market opportunities. Elaborate plan of action and proper follow-ups with clinics and hospitals to activate patients on Maviret. Provide feedback to Brand Team members regarding, competitive activities and market opportunities.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with External Experts and work in collaboration with other functional teams as required (such as CHE, Market Access, etc.)
• Support an ethical work environment, demanding compliance and leading by example.
• Control and manage all regional budget allocations to target and on time.
• Core member of the HCV Leadership team driving strategic and long-term planning for the Business Unit.
This position may be based in Quebec or Ontario but will require intermediate French.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
• Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or Science
• 6+ years of pharmaceutical experience including 2 years in a business leader and/or in a Sales Manager role ; 2 years in a Specialty Sales
• Must have at least 2 years’ experience in a Head Office role
• Must have a broad business perspective, understanding of financial processes, project management skills and strategic vision
• English and French must be at advanced level, oral and written. Must be able to articulate complex ideas in an easy to understand manner to all levels of the organization
• Strong knowledge and execution of the IMC code
• Consistent track record of success across various roles
• Experience working in HCV a strong asset.
• Proficient in using MS Office Suite and all related new technologies in relationship to the role and the work environment.
• Comfortable and efficient working in a matrix structure environment.
• Ability to develop and maintain credible professional relationships with colleagues, clients, and vendors in order to achieve business goals – a collaborative, team player mindset is essential for success
• Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix environment.
• Strong technical and technology learning agility
• Demonstrated leadership and ability to be versatile and optimistic in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
• Prepare and deliver high quality presentations.
• Understand and execute ethical behavior and business practices as per IMC Code and AbbVie policies, and ensure that the behavior of others is consistent with these standards.
• Ability to listen and provide effective communication in a clear, thorough and timely manner.
• Use innovative skills to develop unique ways to improve efficiencies and effectiveness of sales operations and in-field teams within the organization.
• Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
• Lead by example to foster teamwork by working cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness. Demonstrate a leadership approach to unite and motivate others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the region and organization.
• •Strong organizational and analytical skills to set priorities, develop a field work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
• Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
• Effectively manage budgets to deliver on fiscal commitments
Availability and willingness to travel 50 % of the time within Canada or internationally. Valid driver’s license and passport are required.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted by email, for a telephone interview (1st interview). If this occurs, it will be within 2 weeks from the end of the posting.