AbbVie Brand Manager (Oncology) in Tokyo-To, Japan
Brand Manager (Oncology)
Summary of Job Description:
Brand manager for oncology marketing team
· Prepare for new product launch by working closely with brand team leader and brand team members
· Develop marketing strategy by close collaboration with various stakeholders (in English and Japanese)
· Identify opportunities and ways to better meet customers’ needs for short-term and long term
· Establish and maintain relationships with KOLs, relevant organizations and other key stakeholders to develop and implement the strategy
· Develop promotional materials such as promotional brochures and tools for HCPs and patients
· Plan and execute congress events such as sponsor seminars, symposiums and advertisements
· Plan and execute trainings for sales force together with field training team
· Work collaboratively with other functions (Medical, Sales, etc.) within the company to facilitate implementation of commercial programs for the products
· External vendor management
· Conduct budget management
· Communicate brand tactics to sales force clearly for flawless implementation
Essential Skills & Abilities:
· 3+ years of experience in marketing (sales experience and/or healthcare industry experiences are preferred)
· Effective communication (in Japanese and English TOEIC 700+): clear, concise, and persuasive
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Strong project management skills, multitasking skills
· Analytical ability and an innovative mindset
· Ability to work in matrix / cross-functional environment which includes influence to the people on no direct report line.
· Advanced written and spoken English
· Autonomy, independence and assertiveness; a polished professional presence is essential
Good fit with the ways we work
All for OneAbbvie - Interpersonal Savvy
Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
Decide Smart&Sure - Dealing With Ambiguity
Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
Agile&Accountable - Managing Vision and Purpose
Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; talks beyond today; talks about possibilities; is optimistic; creates mileposts and symbols to rally support behind the vision; makes the vision shareable by everyone; can inspire and motivate entire units or organizations.
Clear&Courageous - Managerial Courage
Doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
Make Possibilities Real – Planning
Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
University degree or above