AbbVie District Sales Manager, HCV in Taipei, Taiwan
District Sales Manager, HCV
To provide district sales team with leadership, direction and resources to ensure revenue target is achieved; and to liaise with Marketing, Key Account Managers, and Customer Excellence to ensure that short and long term sales responsibilities, strategies, and programs are carried out.
· Implement Business Unit (BU) strategies to ensure sales goals and targets are achieved. Develop sales plans for district; contribute to the development of annual Plan and Latest Best Estimates for BU, and convey objectives and milestones clearly to team so that he/she can lead others in the execution of activities to achieve desired sales results. Communicate closely with Marketing, Key Account Managers, Customer Excellence and sales colleagues to share information and help execute plans and programs across functions.
· Monitor market trends and competitor activities in assigned territory. Proactively analyze and evaluate data, input, and proposals from a variety of sources to confirm alignment and/or determine adjustments to plans and/or tactics. Stay current on a wide-range of business and industry concerns, and use this knowledge to identify key drivers. Furnish General Manager and Marketing with information on industry trends, customer attitudes, competitive activities, market opportunities and threats. Assess and prioritize potential business growth opportunities.
· Utilize selling skills and develop account strategies and tactical approaches to ensure customer needs are met by the BU’s products where possible. Influence the development and enhancement of relationships with customers especially Key Opinion Leaders.
· Implement and oversee inventory management processes in District in strict accordance with Company procedures governing product controls including expiry.
· Address product experiences in timely fashion in accordance with Company policy.
· Hire and develop sales staff in his/her district. Serve as a positive role model by exhibiting ethical principles and behaviors, and insist others follow this lead. Provide employees with experiences and assignments that allow them to grow their capabilities. Coach and evaluate team members on performance, enhancement of their strength and improvement of developmental needs. Anticipate position openings by building the talent base and having candidates ready for appropriate opportunities. Support affiliate EHS policies related to driving safety and biohazard safety, etc.
· Represent AbbVie in a professional manner that aligns with Company image, ensuring activities comply with Legal and AbbVie’s Code of Business Conduct. Support compliance and ethical practice initiatives by consistently being a leader in this area. Review compliance metrics and drives behavior to constantly reinforce initiatives and desired outcomes
· Successfully complete new-hire training program; maintain professional knowledge via self-study and participation in internal and external education events.
Use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to inspire and guide individuals (direct reports, peers, and superiors) toward goal achievement; modify behavior to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals involved.
Achieve organizational goals through co-operative action with others.
Use relationship skills to encourage involvement and provide support while maintaining accountability.
Present suggestions and point of view in an appropriate and convincing manner.
Work effectively with team or work group or those outside of formal line of authority (e.g. associates, senior managers) to accomplish organizational goals; take actions that respect the needs and contributions of others; contribute to and accepting the consensus; subordinating own objectives to the objectives of the organization or team.
Work co-operatively with other District sales Managers/Product Managers/BU Manager to accomplish organizational goals
Communicate changes or problems to peers, team members or others at sales/marketing meetings.
Establish team spirit through collaboration and team activities.
Planning and Organizing/Work Management
Establish a course of action for self and others to accomplish a specific goal; plan proper assignments of personnel and appropriate allocation of resources.
Schedule and co-ordinate sales meetings, review periods and training schedules for representatives and product managers.
Allocate necessary time and resources to colleagues from finance, marketing, and training.
Allocate expense and sales budgets at the district level and for representatives
Establish short and long term goals for the district and for representatives within that district, based on BU strategic focus.
Analysis and Problem Assessment
Secure relevant information and identify key issues and relationships from a base of information; relate and compare data from different sources; identify cause-effect relationships.
Review expenses, sales reports, account data and trends to identify problems and act accordingly.
Understand and resolve personal or organizational problems amongst team members or peers.
Developing Organizational Talent
Develop subordinates’ skills and competencies by planning effective development activities related to current and future jobs.
Design formal plans for individuals’ short term and long term career development at time of appraisal.
Encourage individuals to develop skills they might need for career growth by setting standards or delegating.
Provide constructive feedback on development progress through field reports.
Design appropriate developmental projects for direct reports to be presented at sales meetings.
Facilitate the development of others’ knowledge and skills; providing timely feedback and guidance to help them reach goals.
Express confidence and feedback in representatives’ ability to perform a delegated activity or see through a strategic initiative.
Establish clear benchmarks and standards for representatives to gauge individual performance by setting yearly goals and quarterly focus at appraisals.
Help people look for new ways to solve old problems through field visits and brainstorming sessions at meetings.
Having and using knowledge of systems, situations, procedures, and culture inside the organization to identify potential organizational problems and opportunities; perceiving the impact and the implications of decisions on other components of the organization.
• Understand the organization’s structure, operations, decision-making channels, planning processes and financial budget control systems.
• Understand the organization and separate BU’s direction and system of operation.
• Use the organization’s structure to solve business problems.
Delegation of Authority and Responsibility
Allocate decision-making authority and task responsibilities to appropriate subordinates; utilizing subordinates’ time, skills and potential effectively.
Delegate assignments/projects to appropriate individuals based on their skills, roles, interests, career development and organizational requirements.
Give representatives the authority to make decisions
B.A., B.S. or Healthcare-related Diploma/Degree required; Master’s degree preferred
Must possess ability to understand the complexity of technology, clinical procedures and administrative requirements of position.
Requirements and/or strong preferences are as follows:
At least five (5) years in related Sales/Marketing roles including experience as a Sales Representative
At least two (2) years prior Sales management experience
Demonstrated capability to lead, motivate, focus and develop a sales team
Language capabilities in Mandarin Chinese, written traditional and spoken; Taiwanese language capabilities preferred
Job Type: Experienced
Job Level Code: IC