AbbVie Senior Manager, Pricing and Contracting in Sunnyvale, California
Senior Manager, Pricing and Contracting
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
# of Openings: 1
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
To learn more about us, please visit us athttp://www.pharmacyclics.com/
Senior Manager, Pricing & Contracting
General Position Summary/Purpose:
The Senior Manager, Pricing & Contracting will be a key member of the Pricing & Contracting team within the broader Market Access team and is primarily responsible for developing and implementing commercial pricing and contracting strategies.
This role will contribute to brand access, coverage, and reimbursement goals for current and future indications by conducting strategic analysis, developing recommendations that influence the decision-making of senior leadership, and supporting the approval and execution of commercial agreements.
This individual will frequently collaborate with internal teams such as Market Access, Marketing, Commercial Analytics, Finance, Accounting, and Legal, as well as external stakeholders such as Managed Care, GPOs, Specialty Pharmacies, and Wholesalers.
As a member of the broader Market Access team, this role will often be called upon to assist in a wide variety of capacities consistent with a rapidly growing organization.
Strong quantitative and analytical acumen, the ability to communicate complex information in simple terms, and knowledge of US Managed Care dynamics are essential to the success of this role.
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
• Conduct appropriate analyses and develop pricing and contracting actionable recommendations that influence decision-making of senior leadership
• Support the execution of pricing and contracting initiatives. Includes developing internal infrastructure and capabilities, ensuring required training and reporting needs are met, and ensuring that customer agreements are executed
• Gather and apply market insights from primary and secondary sources
• Monitor and assess performance of agreements with commercial customers
• Participate in annual and long-range brand planning processes
• Participate in Gross-to-Net forecasting and reconciliation processes
• Ensure compliance with relevant policies, procedures, regulations, and laws
• Provide ad-hoc analyses and project support for the Commercial and Market Access organizations as required
• Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, life sciences, or related field
• MBA or MS in related field is preferred
• 7+ years of work experience in pricing and contracting, managed markets, brand marketing, finance, strategic consulting, investment banking, or other analytical role in the pharmaceutical/biotech industries
• Previous experience in oncology is a plus
• Excellent quantitative, analytical skills with ability to conceptualize problems and solutions
• Attention to detail at both strategic and operational levels
• Communicates complex concepts and counterintuitive insights clearly and credibly to senior leadership and other audiences
• Expert level of proficiency with financial modeling, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to translate disparate data sources, complex data sets, incomplete information into cohesive business strategies
• Ability to autonomously manage multiple projects at a fast pace, with changing priorities and significant time pressures
• Ability to influence all levels of the organization
• Self-motivated and proactive
• Excellent communication, written, and verbal skills
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled