AbbVie IT - BIDW Analysis Intern in Sunnyvale, California
IT - BIDW Analysis Intern
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
# of Openings: 1
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
General Position Summary/Purpose:
The role of this Intern analyst in a data management or business intelligence team also includes reviewing and ensuring that data loaded into the data warehouse is accurate. He/she will participate in the troubleshooting and tweaking of current data warehouse applications to spot and correct errors. His or her tasks also involve assisting in developing, maintaining, and supporting an enterprise’s data warehouse system, as well as related data marts. He/she will also be involved in developing new or improved data warehouse components.
Key Accountabilities / Core Job Responsibilities:
· Responsible for designing, building, and supporting the components of data warehouse, such as ETL processes, databases, reports, and reporting environments
· Designs dimensional models with conformed dimensions, following the business’ processes
· Develops and automates ETL processes that involves error and reconciliation handling using ETL tool.
· Utilizes SAP Business Objects or Tableau in designing and building the reporting environment.
· Writes reports, adds new fields, creates Business Objects filters, measures and objects; and creates dashboards to improve current data warehouse
· Creates processes for maintaining or/and capturing metadata
· Studies and understands the company’s business processes and applications, including their effect on data and reporting, and applies the knowledge gained in designing data warehouses and reports
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Proficient working independently and in a team setting
· Can multi-task and manage multiple IT projects running in parallel working within a team or independently
· Excellent communication and documentation skills
· Strong attention to detail and well organized
· High quality and result oriented
· Self-starter and tenacious problem solver
Education Requirements (degree, certifications, etc.):
- Complete at least second year of university studies prior to internship start date
· Currently enrolled and in good standing at an accredited college/university
- Major in Computer Science, Business or related subject
· Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or equivalent
Each Intern is expected to prepare a short presentation to their team to share what they have learned through their internship and how they hope their new knowledge will help them secure their future career. Presentations should be 10 - 15 minutes long and should include visual aid (posters or PowerPoint)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled