AbbVie HR Operational Excellence Intern in Sunnyvale, California
HR Operational Excellence Intern
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
# of Openings: 1
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
General Position Summary/Purpose:
Interns at Pharmacyclics are assigned toOperations and Total Rewardsin the Human Resources Department where they work to complete a project or projects in a domestic setting.
The internship is approximately 10 weeks in length and includes a final presentation of the project results to senior leaders and colleagues. The Operational Excellence internship program will provide you with access to industry experts and senior leadership. Additionally, there are numerous networking opportunities throughout the summer.
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
The intern will be exposed to the following work:
· This position will be involved in projects related to continuous improvement of core HR processes and HR Operations Tools (Reporting and Dashboards, Self Service Tools and Templates, etc.)
· Support of projects to develop and deploy incremental changes via process improvements
· Support HR Operations and Total Rewards projects including event planning, creating process documents.
· Support HR Systems optimization (Workday) projects
· Academic or work experience in Human Resources, HR Operations, Compensation, HR Systems and/or Project Management
· Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
· Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information
· Excellent organizational and planning skills
· Strong Excel and analytical skills
· Self-motivated, adaptable to a dynamic environment
· Able to collaborate effectively with cross-functional team members
· Strong analytical and communication skills
· Track record of accomplishment and commitment to excellence
· Attention to detail and willingness to roll-up sleeves to get the job done
· Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
· Must be in third or fourth year of a four-year college degree program focused on Business, Human Resources Management, Operations Management, Data Management or similar study area.
· Be an active student in good standing at an accredited university.
· Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or equivalent.
Each Intern is expected to prepare a short presentation to their team to share what they have learned through their internship and how they hope their new knowledge will help them secure their future career. Presentations should be 10 - 15 minutes long and should include visual aid (posters or PowerPoint).
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled