AbbVie DMPK Intern in Sunnyvale, California
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
# of Openings: 1
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
This individual will be part of drug discovery/ drug metabolism group focusing on the data mining to understand the various ADME properties in relation to chemical structure modification
General Position Summary/Purpose:
· Learn and maintain data base for various assay results generated in the DM function
· To understand and analyze the ADME properties with respect to chemical structure modification
· QC data that will be generated from the metabolite identification and other assays
· Hands on experience in simple laboratory procedures, ability to learn and operate mass spec, HPLC and software’s associated with these instruments or previous experience
· Ability to understand new laboratory procedures and communicate with the subordinates.
Qualifications (Knowledge / Skills / Abilities):
· Must have chemistry knowledge with Science major
· Must be current college student (Junior or higher) or recent college graduate who is studying/ has studied coursework in organic chemistry, biochemistry and related areas
· Learn or previous experience with Chemdraw software
· Ability to maintain and write laboratory procedures and QC data
· Complete at least one year of university studies prior to internship start date
· Experience with general chemistry lab techniques.
· Be an active student in good standing a US accredited university
· Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or equivalent
Each Intern is expected to prepare a short presentation to their team to share what they have learned through their internship and how they hope their new knowledge will help them secure their future career. Presentations should be 10 - 15 minutes long and should include visual aid (posters or PowerPoint).
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled