AbbVie Commercial, Market Access Intern in Sunnyvale, California
Commercial, Market Access Intern
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
# of Openings: 1
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
Value to the Intern:
This is an excellent opportunity for MBA students interested in healthcare or the pharma/biotech industry, and who aspire to make a remarkable impact in the lives of patients with cancer. The intern will support various product management and marketing initiatives, including but not limited to:
· Creation and execution of various marketing or advertising campaigns
· Commercial strategy and analysis
· Market assessment and competitor assessment
Successful candidates will encompass strong strategic and analytical thinking, good communication and presentation skills. Candidates will also demonstrate leadership skills, and can manage multiple initiatives at the same time. All professional and academic backgrounds will be considered; however, prior experience in product management, consulting, or a degree in marketing or a scientific discipline is desired.
· Creation and execution of marketing access tactics and initiatives
· Market access strategy and analysis
· Gather and apply market and competitive insights from primary and secondary sources
· Creation and execution of various market access campaigns
· 3 to 5 years of previous work experience, preferably in sales, marketing and/or consulting
· Biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or healthcare industry experience preferred
· Strong oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact well with all levels of management
· Advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
· The ability to effectively operate independently, across functional lines, and with both internal and external customers and/or stakeholders
· Solid analytical, quantitative, organizational and project management skills
· Demonstrated personal initiative, self-motivation, flexibility and adaptability
· Be in an MBA program of an accredited university prior to internship start date
· Be an active student in good standing at a US accredited university
· Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or equivalent
Each Intern is expected to prepare a short presentation to their team to share what they have learned through their internship and how they hope their new knowledge will help them secure their future career. Presentations should be 10 - 15 minutes long and should include visual aid (posters or PowerPoint).
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled