AbbVie Commercial, Market Access Intern in Sunnyvale, California
Commercial, Market Access Intern
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
# of Openings: 1
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
Value to the MBA Intern:
This is an excellent opportunity for MBA students interested in healthcare or the pharma/biotech industry, and who aspire to make a remarkable impact in the lives of patients with cancer. The intern will support various market access initiatives, including but not limited to:
· Create and execute strategies to support payer coverage goals
· Develop business case for payer contracting initiatives to support appropriate product positioning
· Assess market and competitive dynamics
Successful candidates will encompass strong strategic and analytical thinking, good quantitative, communication, and presentation skills. Candidates will also demonstrate leadership skills. All professional and academic backgrounds will be considered; however, prior experience in marketing, management consulting, investment banking, or finance is desired.
· Conduct analyses and develop pricing and contracting actionable recommendations that influence decision-making of senior leadership
· Gather and apply market and competitive insights from primary and secondary sources
· Monitor and assess performance of pricing agreements with commercial customers
· Support the market access team in executing customer agreements
· 3 to 5 years of previous work experience, preferably in marketing, management consulting, investment banking, or finance
· Excellent quantitative, analytical skills with ability to conceptualize problems and solutions
· Expert level of proficiency with financial modeling, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Ability to translate disparate data sources, complex data sets, incomplete information into cohesive business strategies
· Communicates complex concepts and counterintuitive insights clearly and credibly
· Excellent organization and communication skills
· Detail-oriented, self-motivated
· Be in an MBA program of a US accredited university prior to internship start date
· Be an active student in good standing at an accredited university
· Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or equivalent
Each Intern is expected to prepare a short presentation to their team to share what they have learned through their internship and how they hope their new knowledge will help them secure their future career. Presentations should be 10 - 15 minutes long in PowerPoint format.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled