AbbVie Senior Financial Analyst in St. Laurent, Canada
Senior Financial Analyst
Canada, Quebec, St. Laurent
AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-driven biopharmaceutical company committed to developing innovative advanced therapies for some of the world’s most complex and critical conditions. The company’s mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation to markedly improve treatments across four primary therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, virology and neuroscience. In more than 75 countries, AbbVie employees are working every day to advance health solutions for people around the world. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
Under the supervision of the Division Financial Manager (DFM), the Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for completing tasks relating to compliance and planning. The compliance responsibilities include completion of month end accruals, review of actuals vs. budget, providing commentary on actuals and completing tasks relating to audits & SOX as required by Corporate Finance. The planning function includes co-ordinating expenses and sales pricing forecasts, analyze and explain variances vs. previous cycles.
This role works very closely with marketing and is a key player in ensuring the accuracy of the financial information received from the marketing group. . (This position lends itself to a broad spectrum of possible responsibilities from basic clerical to detailed analysis)
• Assist, in preparation of the Plan, Update, LBE and LRP planning cycles.
• Responsible for completing the review and analysis of departmental expenses.
• Provide financial information and adhoc analysis to groups supported.
• Complete monthly accruals working closely with (i.e. Market Research, Advertising Services, Contract Development, Patient Support program, Forecasters and AFS, etc.).
• Design models for Price Adjustments forecasts.
• Providing monthly commentary of results, Price Adjustments, Advertising & Promotion and Marketing & Selling expenses vs. Budget.
• Preparing monthly reconciliation’s of accounts.
• Tracking and analysis of Advertising & Promotion expenses of products.
• Continuous process improvement.
• Carry out analysis related to the return on investment
• Approval, validation and reporting of SAP transactions.
• Assist SOX , and Internal/External Audit Inquiries
• Perform Rotational Compliance Audits
• Perform Ad Hoc financial analysis upon request
• Maintain effectiveness with changing tasks, situations, responsibilities and people
• Builds and maintains good relationships with team and other colleagues/management
• Takes actions to achieve goals (proactive/shows initiative)
• Constantly seeking out new ways to improve processes (innovative)
• Sense of urgency and ability to meet tight deadlines
• Capacity to work under pressure quickly and autonomously
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Demonstrates a strong personal capacity for learning new aspects of the business and encourages others to do the same.
• Professional Designation (CA, CGA, CMA or MBA).
• Five to seven years of related work experience.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of SAP & TM1 are considered an asset.
AbbVieis an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Posting End Date: December 12, 2018
Job Type: Experienced