AbbVie Medical Advisor, Hepatitis C Virus in St. Laurent, Canada
Medical Advisor, Hepatitis C Virus
Canada, Quebec, St. Laurent
AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-driven biopharmaceutical company committed to developing innovative advanced therapies for some of the world’s most complex and critical conditions. The company’s mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation to markedly improve treatments across four primary therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, virology and neuroscience. In more than 75 countries, AbbVie employees are working every day to advance health solutions for people around the world. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
The Medical Advisor provides medical and scientific support to the clinical research department and collaborates in clinical operation activities. The medical Advisor develops medical strategic plans that are aligned with the Brand Plan and closely collaborates and supports different groups in the organization such as Marketing, Market Access and Regulatory departments.
This position is National, based in Montreal (St Laurent) and reports to the Therapeutic Area Lead for Specialty
• Develop a medical strategy within the Brand Team and execute as defined in the Brand Plan.
• Is a key member of the Brand Team and participates to the Brand team meetings.
• Support clinical study feasibility, site mapping, identification and participation and provides support with resolving any pending issues with the study sites.
• Review new clinical study protocols and investigator initiated research proposals.
• Liaise with local commercial groups, global project teams, investigators and key opinion leaders (KOLs) through regular review of ongoing initiatives and the tactical implementation of plans.
• Provide input to upper management on organization, operational and administrative issues.
• Provide scientific and medical support for ongoing projects.
• Monitor and review scientific literature on AbbVie products and competition.
• Serve as a scientific affairs expert for the product.
• Train, motivate, coach and develop staff in different functional groups on medical/scientific topics.
• Provide support to KOLs following AbbVie procedures.
• Serve as liaison between the Medical Division and the Commercial Groups on the respective therapeutic areas.
• Ensure regulatory compliance with GCP, ICH Guidelines, AbbVie local and GPRD SOPs, as well as local (Health Canada) regulatory requirements in all studies undertaken.
• Diligently manage and allocate resources by ensuring that all projects are carried out within approved budgets and that expected results are delivered.
• Support the integration of new products into AbbVie’s portfolio.
• Support medical monitoring /pharmacovigilance and writing activities.
• Lead the evidence generation plan based on identified data gaps.
• MD, Doctorate, Pharm D required.
• French and English, oral and written at advanced level.
• 3-5 years’ of experience of pharmaceutical or clinical / research experience in a relevant therapeutic area including 2+ years working for a pharmaceutical company.
• Previous proven experience and knowledge in Hepatitis C.
• Previous proven scientific expertise with the ability to interact with relevant External Experts as peer.
• Solid knowledge of the pharmaceutical environment and the role of Medical Affairs to advance the medical and scientific objectives of a pharmaceutical company.
• Knowledge of all aspects of drug development, GCP and local regulations, including regulations of Promotional materials.
Key Leadership Competencies:
• Demonstrate organizational and analytical skills.
• Ability to foster teamwork by working cooperatively and effectively with others to resolve, problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
• Demonstrate leadership approach to unite and motivate others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the region and organization.
• Demonstrate ability to be versatile and optimistic in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency in a matrix environment.
Knowledge and Competencies Requirements:
• Excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to listen and provide effective communication in a clear, thorough and timely manner. Prepare and deliver high quality presentations.
• Excellent writing skills in English and in French
• Strong business acumen; analytical ability to analyze diverse sets of data using multiple tools and define program strategies that drive business objectives.
• Ability to analyze and interpret results, ability to present scientific data to scientific audience.
• Ability to determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement action plans, and evaluate the process and results.
• Excellent track record of working with multiple stakeholders within a geography/territory.
• Must demonstrate an understanding of how to effectively meet customer needs in a complex environment through forward-thinking, innovative strategies that align with the company objectives.
• Ability to develop and maintain credible professional relationships with colleagues, clients, and vendors in order to achieve business goals – a collaborative, team player mindset is essential for success, including good political savviness and business acumen.
• General knowledge on drug development and clinical research.
• Ability to make decisions independently and with appropriate input.
• Ability to take feedback constructively and consider the viewpoints of others.
• Strong computer skills with demonstrated experience in working with the Microsoft suite of programs. (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• This position requires travel within Canada and internationally. Travel is expected to be about 20% of the time.
• Driver’s license and valid passport.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Posting End Date: March 26, 2019
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced