AbbVie Medical Advisor, Dermatology in St. Laurent, Canada
Medical Advisor, Dermatology
Canada, Quebec, St. Laurent
AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-driven biopharmaceutical company committed to developing innovative advanced therapies for some of the world’s most complex and critical conditions. The company’s mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation to markedly improve treatments across four primary therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, virology and neuroscience. In more than 75 countries, AbbVie employees are working every day to advance health solutions for people around the world. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
The Medical Advisor provides medical and scientific support to clinical research department and to business development, securing studies, collaborates in clinical operation activities for selected products, develop strategic planning and support marketing groups.
This position is National, based in Montreal (St Laurent) and reports to the Associate Director, Medical Affairs, Immunology.
• Propose a medical strategy within the Brand Team and execute as defined in the Brand Plan.
• Serve as liaison between US, Europe and Canadian clinical operations for ongoing clinical trials.
• Liaise with local commercial groups, global project teams, investigators and key opinion leaders through regular review of ongoing initiatives and the tactical implementation of plans.
• Provide input to upper management on organization / operational administrative issues.
• Provide medical support for ongoing projects.
• Monitoring, previewing scientific literature on AbbVie products and competition.
• Serve as a scientific affairs expert for the product.
• Train, motivate, coach and develop staff in different functional groups on medical/scientific topics.
• Provide support to KOLs, in relation to related to AbbVie procedures.
• Serve as liaison between the Medical Division and the Commercial Groups on the respective therapeutic areas.
• Ensure regulatory compliance with GCP, ICH Guidelines, AbbVie local and GPRD SOPs, as well as local (Health Canada) regulatory requirements in all studies undertaken.
• Diligently manage and allocate resources, including investigator grants, ensuring that all projects are carried out within approved budgets and that expected results are delivered.
• Review new clinical study protocols.
• Review investigator driven research proposals.
• Support the integration of new products into AbbVie’s portfolio.
• Support medical monitoring / pharmacovigilance /medical /writing activities.
• PhD, MD or Pharmacy.
3-5 years of clinical research experience and in a similar role.
• Minimum 2 years working for a pharmaceutical company.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• Advanced English, oral and written. Intermediate French (minimum)
• Proficient in using MS Office Suite and all related new technologies in relationship to the role and the work environment.
• Comfortable and efficient working in a matrix structure environment.
• Team spirit, strong relationship builder.
• Autonomy, leadership and resilience.
• Experience in Dermatology an asset.
• This position requires travel within Canada and internationally. Travel is expected to be about 20-40% of the time.
• Valid driver’s license with good driving record (driver’s abstract will be required).
• Valid passport
• Desire to develop and grow career for future positions either in Canada or internationally.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Posting End Date: March 22, 2019
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced