AbbVie Manager, Communications in St. Laurent, Canada
Canada, Quebec, St. Laurent
AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-driven biopharmaceutical company committed to developing innovative advanced therapies for some of the world’s most complex and critical conditions. The company’s mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation to markedly improve treatments across four primary therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, virology and neuroscience. In more than 75 countries, AbbVie employees are working every day to advance health solutions for people around the world. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
Reporting to the Director, Communications, the Manager, Communications is responsible for brand communications strategy and programs as well as several corporate communications activities including the co-management of @abbviecanada.
• Participate in brand teams for Dermatology and Virology and lead brand communications strategy and oversee management of these programs;
• Play an active part within brand teams and identify opportunities to work collaboratively with cross-functional colleagues to deliver on brand objectives.
• Partner with Community Relations, Marketing, Business Intelligence, Market Access, Medical, etc, to ensure alignment;
• Provide support to sales force – e.g. provide overview of PR activities and media results, inspire sales force to support communications activities e.g. sourcing media stories;
• Develop and lead brand and non-brand related strategies to raise AbbVie’s profile and enhance and protect AbbVie’s reputation;
• Champion digital and social media activities in order to enhance AbbVie’s external reputation and positively engage with key stakeholders;
• Shape business decisions and provide counsel at most senior level by anticipating and managing stakeholder reactions;
• Lead development of brand strategies to present to senior managers;
• Support internal communications relating to the brand such as internal awareness of product milestones ;
• Liaise with Global /Area to identify further requirements for value propositions development and implementation;
• Oversee development of key messages/ stories and other communications materials for use with media as well as ensure media tracking;
• Ensure PR agencies are optimally managed – from having contracts in place to ensure ROI and value for money. Manage PR agencies on a day-to-day basis as necessary.
• Manage large scale communications campaigns;
• Demonstrated record of success in synthesizing complex research related issues to develop effective communications;
• Build relationships with third parties using good negotiation skills;
• Very good budget and time management skills;
• Strong planning and organisational skills;
• Well-developed networking and influencing abilities to leverage relationships within and outside of AbbVie.
• Bachelors of Communications or equivalent;
• 5 - 8 years working in a communications department of a multi-national or public relations agency;
• Experience leading and developing strategy and operating at a senior level;
• English and French must be at advanced level, oral and written;
• Proficient in using MS Office Suite and all related new technologies in relationship to the role and the work environment;
• Comfortable and efficient working in a matrix structure environment;
• Asset: experience with partnering with patient associations.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Job Posting End date: December 14th, 2018
Job Type: Experienced