AbbVie Manager, Purchasing in Solna, Sweden
Sweden, Stockholm, Solna
1 additional location
PURCHASING MANAGER NORDICS
Scandinavia (Sweden/Denmark/Norway)and Finland
AbbVie is an ambitious health business where peopleand quality of life come first. The experience of illness is personal, so wecare about the things that matter to patients. As market leader, we team withpartners to co-design health solutions around our innovative medicines forcomplex diseases, which improve standards of care. Helping people to be fit forwork and family life is how we make a remarkable impact to the lives of men,women and children.
Thisposition is located in Sweden, reports directly to the Regional Lead.
The primary function of Purchasing is to economically and efficiently purchase goods and services commensurate with AbbVie policies and objectives, while adhering to a strict standard of business ethics and integrity. The Purchasing Manager provides high levels of customer satisfaction and manages suppliers effectively. He/she works closely with Affiliate management and employees at all levels. This position negotiates, develops and implements agreements that maximize value and support client initiatives, standardizes materials, services and suppliers. This position will work on the definition and resolution of known or anticipated problems in value, quality, feasibility, and specifications in the procurement of goods and services, while contributing cost savings, implementing the category strategy in the affiliates and other value added activity to support customer needs and expectations
· Being in charge of 4 affiliates and can work on projects for the Region
· Responsible for sourcing, bidding, negotiating, contracting, and purchasing goods and services basedon category of spend
· Understand AbbVie’s approved buying channels and contracting policy for goods and services and help guide requestors to the appropriate buying channel
· Develop and maintain a supply base that ensures the best value for quality, delivery, pricing, service, etc. This includes theperformance of on-going analysis and cost reductions by implementation of preferred supplier networks by category to ensure the lowest overall cost and highest possible value for dollars spent
· Identify, develop, and implement improved and standardized buying practices to ensure adequacy of supply chain. Educate requesters by organizing regular purchasing training
· Work closely with internal key stakeholders (PSM, Finance, Division…)
· Answer to business needs
· Aligned with company strategy and category approach
· Meet regularly with internal customers and support functions to ensure customer satisfaction
· Support AbbVie sourcing strategies
· Communicate with the PSM Group to help identify major strategic sourcing opportunities
· Set-up and develop preferred supplier lists for main categories spend
· Proactive management of category and suppliers including, anticipation, resolution and communication
· Develop a strong key suppliers management (incl CIS: performance and risk suppliers management..)
· Work on contract management
· Seek innovative solutions for the procurement process
· Knowledge in the use of procurement tools.(SAP, Ariba, contract management: Palette,…..)
· Participate in the p2p process (review and approve vendors …..):
· Review and approve/reject vendors
· Review and approve the creation and content of affiliate vendor catalogs
· Investigate and aid in the resolution of invoice issues related to PO purchases
· Understand “trigger events” that may require a re-fresh of the third party compliance process, and communicate the occurrence of these events to the Vendor Management Group
· Bachelor or Master Degree preferably in Business/Purchasing or Finance
· 5-7 years’ experience in Purchasing roles
· Additional experience/training in either Marketing or Finance a plus
· Experience working in a cross functional organization
· Strong communication skills
· Languages: English, Swedish is a plus
· Adaptable/flexible/business oriented/stress management/decision maker/capacity to deal with all stakeholders
· Builds quick relationships with peers and cross functionally and with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
· Learns fast, grasps the “essence” and can change course quickly where indicated.
· Steps up and takes leadership to own toughest challenges.
· Motivates and can influence others, including those over whom they have no direct authority.
· Deals comfortably with ambiguity, uncertainty and risk.
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced