AbbVie Manager, Finance Planning in Shanghai, China
Manager, Finance Planning
China, Shanghai, Shanghai
- Financial Planning & Analysis – Plan/Update/LRP/LBE Cycles
Manage, coordinate and consolidate timely, accurate and well supported Plans/Update/LRP/LBE’s for China aligned with the guidance from Area and Global HQ teams.
Ensure all financials are reasonable with well supported documentation and clearly written commentary.
- Monthly CHINA Demand/S&OP Process
- Coordinate, maintain and lead a Best in Class monthly demand/Sales &Operations Planning (S&OP) process with the local affiliate team, review and consolidate input from Brands, assess and challenge financials from an independent view to ensure financials are well supported through well defended assumptions including in-mkt, to-mkt and inventory levels. Ensure accurate and timely submissions.
- Financial Reporting & Analysis – Actuals Reporting:
Review, prepare and submit necessary month-end financial reports to the Area and Global HQ finance teams. Lead the monthly analysis that include appropriate variance analysis and provide clear and concise commentary to expand managements understanding and drive for results.
Develop, prepare and distribute monthly affiliate financial reports to China management and business unit teams that bring the numbers to life.
Effectively and clearly communicate results with proper variance analysis and commentary to internal and external customers.
- Financial Support – Internal Customers:
Provide direct support and high quality analysis to the China Finance Director and General Manager for Planning, actuals and ad-hoc financial requests. Educate functional departments about P&L and encourage ownership.
Proactively identify and communicate issues and opportunities as they arise across China and collaboratively work to develop appropriate solutions and contingency plans.
- Internal Controls & Compliance:
Ensure financial results are recorded in compliance with AbbVie financial policies (CFM’s) and USA Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
Enforce and enhance internal controls by providing guidance and counsel to affiliate and commercial staff in areas of Corporate Finance Manual (CFM) policies, divisional internal control procedures and International policies.
- People Management:
- Manage and develop a staff of 2
Undergraduate Degree in Business specializing in either Finance/Accounting.
Prior experience in FP&A, S&OP and Commercial Finance with management experience is preferred.
Experience working with shared service providers and a matrix organization a plus
Minimum total work experience of 8 yrs+, professional accountancy qualifications a plus
Essential Skills & Abilities:
The successful candidate should have a strategic/innovative mindset with the functional capability to support the affiliate financial modelling, budgeting and forecasting. The candidate should have a strong work ethic, capable of multi-tasking, excellent communication/interpersonal skills, collaborative and assertive.
The candidate needs to be commercially minded, and have prior experience of working with commercial organizations.