AbbVie Business Unit Manager Specialties in San Juan, Puerto Rico
Business Unit Manager Specialties
USA, Puerto Rico, San Juan
1 additional location
USA, Puerto Rico
Coordinate, facilitate and lead the strategic development, tactical implementation and financial planning components of all Sales and Marketing related topics of the Brand Strategy and manage customer and other commercial activities including leading and coaching Sales Force to maximize brand sales and margin placing the patient at the center of any efforts and operating within AbbVie business code of conduct, policies and all applicable laws and regulations.
Some of the responsibilities are:
• Effectively manage and execute all marketing and sales related brand activities as per Brand Plan, such as development and implementation of commercial Brand strategy and tactical Brand activities execution and deliver sales performance in order to maximize or exceed brand sales and margin within expense budgets.
• Optimize resource utilization by leading, developing and coaching Sales Team performance including setting sales targets and incentive schemes, managing Sales Force Management Systems and Key Performance Indicators in order to continuously improve sales performance. Ensure regular updates on Sales Team skills in terms of medical, technical and special in-field knowledge areas.
• Hold accountability for allocated Brand P&L in terms of brand sales and financial planning (Financial Plan, Focus/Update, Long Range Plan).
• Set future direction for existing and new products and business opportunities in order to seize maximum business results.
• Professionally manage and build cross functional cooperation between key stakeholders, build effective multidisciplinary In Field Teams. Ensure timely and qualitative market intelligence information flow to Brand Teams and brand strategy/tactical communication from Brand Teams to In-Field Teams in order to optimize brand strategy and its execution.
• Develop and coach talent and build succession plans in order to ensure continuous high performance and engaged talent pipeline in Sales and Marketing.
• Liaise with relevant Area and Global functions in order to integrate global and area strategy /tactics into the local brand planning strategy and execution and to facilitate the development and alignment of global and area brand vision and strategic objectives.
• Based on the size of the market, may be a member of the Affiliate Management Team
• Role model AbbVie on behavior and enable the Brand Team matrix to work in order to achieve high quality strategy and execution capability in all allocated brands.
• Bachelor’s degree. Master's degree preferred.
• At least five (5) years of experience in a leadership position. Proven track record of success in a marketing and sales leadership position within biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
• Ability to develop business vision, translate into strategies and actionable, realistic execution actions plus knowledge of territory and relationships with key stakeholders already established.
• Proven track record of: successful coaching of teams/individuals, talent development and low performers management
AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer: At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Significant Work Activities and Conditions: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced