AbbVie Director/Associate Director, Corporate Strategy in North Chicago, Illinois
Director/Associate Director, Corporate Strategy
USA, Illinois, Lake County
Director/AssociateDirector, Corporate Strategy
At AbbVie, we are expanding our corporate strategy team to help us define our future and tackle a series of exciting growth opportunities. As a business strategist, you will work closely with senior leaders to drive mission-critical initiatives that will make a real difference for AbbVie’s patients, while positioning our company for sustained top-tier growth. You will report to the Leader of the Corporate Strategy Group (CSG) as part of the Corporate Strategy Office (CSO).
AbbVie is an innovation-driven, patient-focused specialty biopharma company that spun out of Abbott Labs six years ago. With a current market cap of >$100B, we have outperformed our major pharma competitors in total shareholder return since our inception. We have the energy and ambition of a NewCo, coupled with the scale and resources of an established leader. With an industry-leading late stage portfolio and an innovative early pipeline in areas of high patient unmet need such as immunology, oncology, neuroscience, virology, among others, we are well-positioned for the future. At the same time, we recognize that strategy – and in particular, looking ahead and making the right internal and external innovation choices – is critical to our momentum and success. As a strategist, you will influence these choices to help shape AbbVie’s future and positively impact patients’ lives. You will work alongside experienced leaders and be well positioned for career growth and rotational opportunities within the company. This role is based in our North Chicago Headquarters – minimal travel (<10%) required.
· Work collaboratively with cross-functional leaders across AbbVie to drive strategic initiatives that will position AbbVie to sustain long-term, top-tier growth and patient impact (primary focus)
· Monitor, understand and prioritize external trends of relevance to the enterprise, and help determine how AbbVie should prepare and/or respond
· Provide targeted support for AbbVie’s long-range strategic planning processes, including helping leaders shape their therapeutic and disease area strategic plans
· Lead individual modules within multiple high profile, complex, cross-functional initiatives, including driving the problem-solving process and supporting research and analytics, and distilling pragmatic recommendations for management consideration
· Help communicate our strategy across AbbVie
· Partner with the business to develop solutions that advance AbbVie’s overall mission
· Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or other advanced degree in a relevant field (e.g., Medicine, Sciences, etc.) preferred
· 2years of experience at a top-tier strategic consulting firm, preferably with healthcare/pharma/biotech industry experience
· Strong project management skills, highly collaborative approach and sound business judgment
· Strong communication skills – comfortable presenting to and influencing leaders
· Drive, energy, and passion to advance AbbVie’s mission
AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer: At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Significant Work Activities and Conditions: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced