AbbVie UK Compliance Analyst in Maidenhead, United Kingdom
UK Compliance Analyst
United Kingdom, England, Maidenhead
1 additional location
United Kingdom, England
AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott. AbbVie combines the focus and passion of a leading-edge biotech with the expertise and capabilities of a long-established pharmaceutical leader to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world’s most complex and serious diseases. AbbVie employs approximately [28,000] people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
For more information, please visitwww.abbvie.com. Follow us on
Primary Job Function
The UK Compliance Analyst reports through the AbbVie Office of Ethics & Compliance (OEC) Organization.
Core Job Responsibilities
Performs the following responsibilities with supervision from the UK OEC Manager:
Create a best-in-class compliance program in partnership with the Compliance Steering Committee (CSC) to support AbbVie’s business in UK.Prepare, attend, contribute and lead follow up activities in relation toUK Affiliate CSC Meetings.Act as back up to the UK Manager.
Provides guidance and support in UKon national industry codes and regional/international industry codes (e.g., IFPMA), government regulations including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and other initiatives sponsored by the Office of Ethics & Compliance.
· Provides guidance on proposed Affiliate programs, tactics and strategies, identifies basic legal, regulatory or other relevant issues and refers matters to respective departments, analyzes alternatives and proposes solutions to the business.
Performs compliance risk assessments, trend analyses and provides and implements best practices recommendations.
Implements, manages and interprets compliance policies, procedures and practices.
· Contributes to the Global compliance program by assisting in the development, implementation and management of initiatives across multiple geographies.
· Develops, implements, and coordinates awareness, education and training programs that focus on the elements of the Code of Business Conduct, policies and procedures and applicable industry codes and regulations.
· Organizes and maintains ethics and compliance records, documents and files and specialist OEC document systems & databases.
· Participates in local Industry association meetings, when applicable, identifying changes and trends in the external environment, communicating them to the CSC and the OEC Manager, and implementing necessary changes.
· Develops, implements, modifies and oversees the execution of the Affiliate monitoring plan to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
· Develops, implements, modifies and executes on Affiliate compliance incidents Internal Investigations’ Procedures and leads internal investigations, communicating with AbbVie Internal Investigations as necessary.
· Assists Affiliate with compliance audits, oversees the fulfillment of auditors’ requests, acts as liaison between business and auditors during on-site activities, evaluates and responds to preliminary findings and recommendations, guides the business in preparing corrective action to address findings and recommendations, and ensures timely completion.
· Possesses working knowledge of AbbVie’s business and functional areas.
· Partners with peers in other geographies to advance the Global compliance program.
- Bachelor degree required. Finance, Audit, Business, Legal or equivalent work experience strongly preferred
· Ability to work in multicultural cross-functional teams
· Strong analysis and problem-solving skills
· Strong verbal and written communication, including fluent command of English
· Well developed negotiation/influencing skills across all levels of the UK organization, and with stakeholders in International or Global roles
· Counseling and coaching abilities
· Customer Orientation
· Ability to meet tight timelines
· Ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships in matrixed work environment
Minimum Experience/Training Required
· Solid professional experience with, or exposure to, business functions such as compliance, finance, legal, regulatory affairs, government affairs
· Pharmaceutical industry experience
Job Type: Experienced