AbbVie Senior Manager, Integrated Brand Team Development in Lake County, Illinois
Senior Manager, Integrated Brand Team Development
USA, Illinois, Lake County
PRIMARY FUNCTION / PRIMARY GOALS / OBJECTIVES:
Lead development of training and development strategy, and execution of training for 1) US IBTs, 2) collaborating to build and implement Brand Excellence priorities, and 3) other FutureFit training needs as identified.
Position will rely on the ability to create, lead and work within cross functional teams made of participants from Business Strategy, Marketing Training, other Commercial Excellence and CA&O teams, Marketing, Medical, HEOR, Regulatory, & Legal, IMHC, other AbbVie Groups, and external vendor partners. Must be comfortable with cross functional team structure and adept at collaboration / influence management. Leads initiative / program design efforts involving external and internal organizations that involve budgets of > $ 1 million.
Senior Manager, IBT Development is responsible for developing and executing strategic training and development plan.
Responsible for indirect leadership of cross-functional teams Leading / Driving the training strategy process, including analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation.
Building effective relationships to work collaboratively with Senior US Area Management, Cross-functional partners, Training & Development and other groups leading AbbVie learning initiatives, to drive performance through consistent development and delivery of effective commercial training.
ACCOUNTABILITY / SCOPE:
Senior Manager, IBT Development Training must:
· Effectively represent the Commercial Excellence management team
· Build and lead/coach highly effective trainers to develop competencies to drive performance within assigned employee groups.
· Interact with and influence all levels of US Area management to plan, design and develop learning strategies that will contribute to the achievement of related business objectives.
· Have a passion for driving excellence, with a focus on performance results that fosters accountability within self, Commercial Excellence, stakeholders and customers.
Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products (e.g. CFR 210/211, cGMP) specifically,
· 8-15 years’ experience in pharmaceutical / healthcare with demonstrated success in developing & leading effective teams required; specific experience in marketing, sales, and/or commercial training preferred.
· Strategic thinking & business planning skills, necessary to diagnose needs, develop, direct, and influence commercial training and organizational development strategies.
· Knowledge of instructional design systems or extensive experience in training, development of training and curriculum design are also desirable.
· Project management experience, managing cross-functional teams and/or external partners through large projects or initiatives.
· Experience in selling, negotiating and influencing without authority within complex organizations is also desirable.
Bachelor’s degree required. Technical degree preferred or a degree in business or related field is acceptable if combined with relevant training and or experiences.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled