AbbVie Scientist, In Vivo Tumor Biology in Lake County, Illinois
Scientist, In Vivo Tumor Biology
USA, Illinois, Lake County at https://abbvie.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/1633/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Research & Development at http://abbvie.referrals.selectminds.com/landingpages/research-development-opportunities-at-abbvie-103
Apply for Job
Share this Job
Join our Talent Community
Our expanding In Vivo Tumor Biology group in Lake County, IL has an opening for a motivated tumor biologist who is dedicated to the discovery and development of innovative therapeutics, both small molecule and biologics, with a focus on immuno-oncology.
The successful candidate has proven expertise with design and execution of studies utilizing tumor models in both immunocompetent and immunocompromised mice. The candidate should be experienced with drug formulation and administration via SC, PO, IP, and IV routes. Familiarity with data analysis, presentation, management and statistical software (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite, Study Director, JMP) is necessary.
Experience in immuno-oncology methods, including ability to isolate and characterize immune cells from murine tissues and ex vivo analysis (e.g. FACS, cell sorting, adoptive transfer) is desired. Additionally, understanding of in vivo optical imaging approaches and familiarity with instrumentation (e.g. IVIS instrument) is preferred. Knowledge of PK/PD relationships and in vitro tissue culture is also an advantage.
Our scientists interact with in vitro biology, translational/biomarkers and medicinal chemistry
teams to advance oncology agents through the R&D pipeline, so excellent communication skills and the willingness to work with a multidisciplinary team of researchers is essential.
- BS with 5+ years of experience or MS 2+ years with a degree in physiology, pharmacology, molecular biology or any related field of biology.
Key Leadership Competencies:
• Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
• Learns fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change the course quickly where indicated.
• Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
• Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled