AbbVie Associate Scientist I in Lake County, Illinois
Associate Scientist I
USA, Illinois, Lake County
Research & Development
The Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics department has an opening for Associate Scientist I position in North Chicago, IL. The successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination and training of pre-analytical biomarker assays for clinical studies.
Key responsibilities include:
Work with teams acrossAbbVie sites to generate pre-analytical biomarker lab manuals
Train or assist in thetraining of clinical technicians in the processing of clinical samples
Participate in clinicalprotocol generation discussions
Use laboratory automationfor tissue homogenization, analytical standard prep, and sample processing
· B.S. degree in chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences or bioanalysis.
· 0-3 years of relevant academic/pharmaceutical industry experience
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Proven ability to work well in a collaborative team environment.
· Experience using electronic laboratory notebook and Microsoft Excel.
· Maintain accurate, detailed, and up-to-date documentation.
Key Leadership Competencies:
Builds strong relationshipswith peers and cross-functionally with partners outside of the team to enablehigher performance.
Learns fast, grasps the"essence" and can change course quickly where indicated.
Raises the bar and is neversatisfied with the status quo.
Creates a learningenvironment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
Embraces the ideas ofothers, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled