AbbVie Associate Brand Tech Lead (GI Care) in Lake County, Illinois
Associate Brand Tech Lead (GI Care)
USA, Illinois, Lake County
The Associate Brand Technology Lead is responsible to proactively understand Brand strategies, educate Brand teams on existing technology capabilities, and influence/develop capabilities roadmaps. He/she will stay on top of technology trends and perform the required technical research and due diligence when necessary to recommend the use of new technology capabilities; balancing opportunities for innovation, business benefits, existing IT standards, and IT roadmaps.
The Associate Brand Technology Lead will report directly to the Brand Technology Lead and will work with the GI Care / Endo-Metabolics Franchises.
Key Responsibilities Include:
· This position is responsible for overseeing and designing a portfolio of technology projects from ideation to completion; including securing cross-functional alignment on project scope, benefits, cost, and timeline. He/she is expected to work effectively across various IT shared services teams, external Marketing Agencies, and other Commercial business stakeholders.
· Proactively understand the business strategies and the technology needs of the assigned Brand. Identify current and emerging business needs and evaluates technology solutions to balance short term and long term objectives. Understand both data and technology capabilities already in use across AbbVie and recommend appropriate application for the assigned Brand.
· Contribute in the creation of Brand specific data and technology roadmaps to support the strategic needs of the Brand. Ensure alignment between evolving business needs and corporate technology strategies. Provide visibility to business and technology leadership on the status, benefits, costs, and risks of new requests and in-process projects.
· Develop comprehensive project estimates and timelines by soliciting input and collecting feedback from all impacted stakeholders. Work across IT and business functions to negotiate and secure the availability of resources to meet the demands of the Brand.
· Ensure that systems are architected in a way that results in technology synergies and simplified integration to help manage multi-vendor relationships and Home Office Data Integrations. Effectively work with business functions like Sales, Marketing, Customer Experience, Managed Health Care, Medical Affairs, Finance, Marketing Analytics, and HEOR to drive for results. Act with urgency and passion. Help others be successful.
· Responsible for compliance with applicable AbbVie Policies and procedures. Work with minimal oversight; deliverables and relationships are monitored through periodic reviews.
Bachelor’s degree in Business or Computer Science.
Minimum 5-8 years of experience in business systems analysis, software development or project management.
Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to building trust, listen, and ask effective questions. Innovative thinking and the ability to leverage past experience to be successful in an entrepreneurial environment.
Interest in technology trends and application of technology to improve end user’s experience. Proven track record of effective project leadership and positive results. Ability to self-manage time and priorities.
Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
Sets high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks
Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment
Experience with data integration projects or care coordination platforms.
Knowledge of terminology, processes, practices and procedures in the healthcare industry.
B2B and B2C marketing experience including digital marketing and familiarity with social media. Understands the pharmaceutical market including role of providers, patients, payers, distributors and policy makers.
Knowledge of HIPAA and health data compliance best practices.
Proficient in project management practices, portfolio review, finance and budgeting