AbbVie 2019 Operations Intern in Lake County, Illinois
2019 Operations Intern
USA, Illinois, Lake County
Operations Internship Description
As an AbbVie Operations intern, you’ll participate in a paid, ten to twelve-week summer program working on meaningful assignments that have a real impact on our business and patients worldwide. AbbVie’s global Operations business offers you an opportunity to work in a variety of fields based on your degree type. Throughout the summer, there are planned developmental and networking activities, along with housing and shuttle services for eligible students. Interns are located at our corporate headquarters in north suburban Chicago.
Past examples of projects have included:
Product and process optimization in a manufacturing facility
Quality systems data analysis to identify compliance trends
Optimize an enzyme to catalyze a challenging step in the synthesis of a recently approved product
· Pursuing a degree in related discipline:
o Bachelor’s or Master’s degree:
§ Engineering (Chemical Engineering, Materials Science & Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related)
§ Life Sciences (Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, or related)
o Doctorate degree:
· Strong academic performance, minimum cumulative GPA = 3.0/4.0
· Completed at least one year of college education before beginning internship
· Must be enrolled in school the semester following your internship
· Must be authorized to work in the US on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship
· Excellent problem-solving, written, and verbal skills
· Exceptional interpersonal, leadership and project management skills
· Proven track record of teamwork, adaptability, innovation, initiative and integrity
AbbVie strongly considers high performing interns as candidates for their Operations Development Program (ODP) after they graduate. AbbVie’s ODP is a three-year rotational program with three separate work assignments. The rotations are carried out in a variety of functional areas within Operations. The goal of the program is to develop AbbVie’s future leaders, provide exposure across the business on a global scale, and forums for skill and professional development. If you are interested and want more information visit www.abbviecareers.com and look under student opportunities.
We participate in several on-campus events (such as, information sessions, career fairs and conduct interviews while on campus). Interested candidates, please check the career services schedules at your school for the recruiting event schedule. AbbVie also posts our Operations Internship and ODP positions on our career website. If your school isn’t listed, please visitwww.abbviecareers.com.