AbbVie 2019 Human Resources Leadership Development Internship in Lake County, Illinois
2019 Human Resources Leadership Development Internship
USA, Illinois, Lake County
Human Resources Leadership Development Program Internship Description
As an AbbVie intern, you’ll participate in a paid, ten to twelve-week summer program, working on meaningful assignments that have a true impact on our business and patients. Internship examples include Talent & Development, Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, Employee Relations, Lean Six Sigma/Project Management, or Business Human Resources. Assignments are carefully selected based on a business need and incorporate technical knowledge, analytical strength, and creative problem solving.
Human Resources interns will be located at our corporate headquarters in north suburban Chicago. AbbVie’s worldwide business offers you an opportunity to work in an HR specialist area. Throughout the summer, there are planned development and networking activities, along with AbbVie-sponsored housing and shuttle services for eligible students.
• Must be currently enrolled in an accredited Master’s program, preferably with an emphasis in Human Resources
• Strong academic performance, minimum cumulative GPA = 3.0/4.0
• Must be enrolled in an accredited Master’s program for at least one additional semester following your internship
• Previous internship or related experience required
• Must be authorized to work in the US on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship
• Proven track record of teamwork, adaptability, innovation, initiative, and integrity
• Global mindset to thrive in a diverse culture and environment
• Excellent communication, leadership, and project management skills
• Analytical and creative problem solving abilities
AbbVie strongly considers high performing interns as candidates for the Human Resources Leadership Development Program (HRLDP). AbbVie’s HRLDP is a three-year rotational program with three separate work assignments. HR professionals complete rotations in three customized roles with the intention of building the skillset and capabilities required for a role in Human Resources. If you are interested and want more information, visit abbviecareers.com.
We participate in several on-campus events (such as, information sessions, career fairs and conduct interviews while on campus). Interested candidates, please check the career services schedules at your school for the recruiting event schedule. AbbVie also posts our Human Resources Internship and Human Resources Leadership Development Program positions on our career website. If your school isn’t listed, please visitwww.abbviecareers.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Job Type: Internship