AbbVie Payroll Analyst in Kraków, Poland
Poland, Malopolskie, Kraków
Qualificatio AbbVie Payroll Operations is responsible for calculating and remitting pay to AbbVie’s 30,000 employees located across 70+ affiliates. Payroll Operations manages these responsibilities across the following 3 areas:
AMERICAS: 18 countries supported, approx. 15,000 employees
EMEA: 48 countries supported, approx. 11,000 employees
JAPAC: 11 countries supported, 2,200 employees
AbbVie’s model is based on standardized processes, roles, responsibilities and governance, in which HR manages compensation & benefits programs, Payroll Operations manages the payroll calculations, bank files and all stakeholders including the Business Process Outsourcer (BPO), and Finance manages the downstream accounting and treasury responsibilities.
· Responsible for managing and operating the End-to-End (E2E) payroll process for countries under their responsibility. This includes:
o Ensuring accurate and timely payroll results across all scheduled and off-cycle payrolls
o Gross-to-Net Payroll calculation accuracy and validation
o Bank file accuracy
o Managing AbbVie participants’ (BHR, Finance) role in the payroll process
o Managing the country BPO operations to ensure they achieve their responsibilities
o Managing calendar compliance
o Compliance with operations and governance and internal controls
o Partnering with HR Finance and Core Finance on required payroll reconciliations and financial reporting
· Address Tier 3 payroll inquiries in a timely manner.
· Serve as the AbbVie subject matter expert on local payroll requirements and related tax matters. Liaise with BPO and other local resources as needed to address questions/issues in this area.
· Plan, manage and control periodic/quarterly/semi-annual/annual payroll requirement.
· Identify, track and resolve operational issues and improvement opportunities within the Area. Escalate major issues to Area Manager.
· Manage and control the BPO/local provider operations to ensure efficient and effective payroll processes.
· Control vendor accountability, including SLAs and Payroll Dashboard Metrics, timeliness of all operational responses and resolutions, and escalation processes.
Projects and Process Improvements
• Proactively identify operational issues and ensure they are reported in approved issue & improvement management tracking mechanisms.
• Lead/participate in implementation and deliver target results for projects impacting the analyst’s countries.
Stakeholder relationships to manage include:
• Payroll Business Process Outsourcer (BPO) across all countries assigned to the Analyst
• Coordinate with affiliate BHR Directors & Finance Directors on payroll process operations, issues & improvements
• Corporate HR Total Rewards
• AbbVie Corporate Finance
• Internal & external Audit; external tax authorities
• Payroll IT support team
• Payroll Operations HQ team
· Ensure cross-training with other area payroll analysts to ensure efficiency.
· Participate in and drive strategic initiatives identified by Global Payroll HQ and AbbVie corporate.
• B.S. or B.A. Major/concentration in Finance / Accounting is preferred
• 3-5 years of experience in multi-country payroll operations.
• BPO vendor management preferred
• International business experience
• Strong customer focus
• Highest level of integrity and diplomacy
• Strong work ethic and ability to work flexible hours based on payroll cycle needs; ability to prioritize work and manage time effectively; ability to manage a high volume of work under tight service delivery deadlines
• Confident and assertive personality with the toughness to drive BPO performance and ensure compliance with the payroll operating model
• Working knowledge of Workday, SAP Payroll and Kronos Time & Attendance systems is preferred
• Strong MS Office Suite experience
• Fluent English. Proficiency in additional local languages would be an advantage (French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish)