AbbVie Payroll Analyst in Kraków, Poland
Poland, Malopolskie, Kraków
AbbVie Payroll Operations is responsible for calculating and remitting pay to AbbVie’s 30,000 employees located across 70affiliates. Payroll Operations manages these responsibilities across the following 3 areas:
AMERICAS:18 countries supported, approx. 15,000 employees
EMEA:48 countries supported, approx. 11,000 employees
JAPAC:11 countries supported, 2,200 employees
AbbVie’s model is based on standardized processes, roles, responsibilities and governance, in which HR manages compensation & benefits programs, Payroll Operations manages the payroll calculations, bank files and all stakeholders including the Business Process Outsourcer (BPO), and Finance manages the downstream accounting and treasury responsibilities.
· Responsible for managing and operating the End-to-End (E2E) payroll process for countries under their responsibility. This includes:
o Ensuring accurate and timely payroll results across all scheduled and off-cycle payrolls
o Gross-to-Net Payroll calculation accuracy and validation
o Bank file accuracy
o Managing AbbVie participants’ (BHR, Finance) role in the payroll process
o Managing the country BPO operations to ensure they achieve their responsibilities
o Managing calendar compliance
o Compliance with operations and governance and internal controls
o Partnering with HR Finance and Core Finance on required payroll reconciliations and financial reporting
· Address Tier 3 payroll inquiries in a timely manner.
· Serve as the AbbVie subject matter expert on local payroll requirements and related tax matters. Liaise with BPO and other local resources as needed to address questions/issues in this area.
· Plan, manage and control periodic/quarterly/semi-annual/annual payroll requirement.
· Identify, track and resolve operational issues and improvement opportunities within the Area. Escalate major issues to Area Manager.
· Manage and control the BPO/local provider operations to ensure efficient and effective payroll processes.
· Control vendor accountability, including SLAs and Payroll Dashboard Metrics, timeliness of all operational responses and resolutions, and escalation processes.
Projects and ProcessImprovements
• Proactively identify operational issues and ensure they are reported in approved issue & improvement management tracking mechanisms.
• Lead/participate in implementation and deliver target results for projects impacting the analyst’s countries.
Stakeholder relationships to manage include:
• Payroll Business Process Outsourcer (BPO) across all countries assigned to the Analyst
• Coordinate with affiliate BHR Directors & Finance Directors on payroll process operations, issues & improvements
• Corporate HR Total Rewards
• AbbVie Corporate Finance (Treasury, Tax, AFS)
• Internal & external Audit; external tax authorities
• Payroll IT support team
• Payroll Operations HQ team
· Ensure cross-training with other area payroll analysts to ensure efficiency.
· Participate in and drive strategic initiatives identified by Global Payroll HQ and AbbVie corporate.
Education,Experience and Skills Required
• B.S. or B.A. Major/concentration in Finance / Accounting is preferred
• 3-5 years of experience in multi-country payroll operations.
• BPO vendor management preferred
• International business experience
• Strong customer focus
• Highest level of integrity and diplomacy
• Strong work ethic and ability to work flexible hours based on payroll cycle needs; ability to prioritize work and manage time effectively; ability to manage a high volume of work under tight service delivery deadlines
• Confident and assertive personality with the toughness to drive BPO performance and ensure compliance with the payroll operating model
• Working knowledge of Workday, SAP Payroll and Kronos Time & Attendance systems is preferred
• Strong MS Office Suite experience
• Fluent English. Proficiency in additional local languages would be an advantage (French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish)