AbbVie Strategic Business Manager (Region North - East) in Hoofddorp, Netherlands
Strategic Business Manager (Region North - East)
Netherlands, North Holland, Hoofddorp
You are end-to-end responsible to identify, sell and deliver the business- and organizational value of AbbVie to selected strategic accounts and develop multi-year partnerships.
You manage a cross-functional team and one direct report, the Project Manager Strategic Partnerships. You co-ordinate and work together with the sales and brand teams to boost the functional value of the products/services of AbbVie and integrate the functional account tactics into the overall account strategy plan.
As a Regional Strategic Business Manager you develop tailor-made value propositions for the customer and create buy-in from strategic players.
You create internal buy-in and approval by creating a winning account strategy with a clear win-win business case for the hospital and AbbVie and clear insight what resources and investments are necessary to implement the account strategy.
Continue to position AbbVie as a market leader and solution-provider across the stakeholder base.
The Regional Strategic Business Manager reports directly to the Director Market Access & Strategic Account Management.
K ey responsibilities
- Strategic Account Planning
o Outside-In: develop in-depth understanding of the strategy and business plans of the customer and understanding of the market trends and developments and translate this into a winning account strategy.
o Develop a 4 month action plan how to implement the account strategy and move forward in creating a multi-year partnership.
o Build a win-win business case for the hospital and AbbVie and create internal and external buy-in for this.
o Align the strategic account plan in cooperation with brand and sales teams
o Responsible for target setting and objectives for strategic accounts
- Relationship management with strategic players
o Connect to all relevant strategic players and develop a mutual beneficial relationship based on trust and delivering results.
o Sell the business- and organizational value to the strategic players and get buy-in to execute account tactics.
o Deliver the business- and organizational value to the hospital in a way this can be used as a customer story to create new opportunities for other hospitals.
o Indicate wishes/needs of account and translate these into opportunities for AbbVie
- Strategic Account Team
o Play an active part within the strategic account team and identify opportunities to work collaboratively with cross-functional colleagues to deliver on objectives from the account planning.
o Play an active role in the Agile Strategic Account management Process and keep the team focused on the desired objectives.
o Leading Strategic Account Management Matrix Team and the direct report Project Manager Strategic Partnerships.
o Provide compelling coaching, mentoring and guidance across the business, including not only with direct teams, but also cross-functional teams
o Play an pro-active role within Brand teams and identify opportunities to work collaboratively with cross-functional colleagues to deliver on brand objectives
· Bachelor or master in business/life science/ or equivalent
· At least 5-10 years of commercial/sales experience in the healthcare/pharmaceutical industry
· Proven track record in key account management, contracting and key stakeholder management
· Knowledge of the healthcare landscape
· Knowledge of provider decision-making processes and who are the key payer stakeholders
· Understanding of cost pressure/containment/provider needs
· Experienced in managing a cross-functional team
· Solid leadership skills
· Ability to connect to senior and tactical stakeholders in the hospital
· Strong potential to progress career into senior/executive commercial roles
· Good presentation and communication skills, solid English and Dutch language skills (written and spoken)
· Preferably experience with using Agile/Scrum
· Highly developed strategic vision and proven track record of building strategic plans
- Customer centric / outside-in thinking
Competencies / Ways We Work
All for one AbbVie
· Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally and with partners outside of team
to enable higher performance.
· Builds highly effective teams for the good of AbbVie.
· Motivates and can influence others, including those over whom they have no direct authority.
· Manages inclusively and equitably across all.
Decide Smart and Sure
· Deals comfortably with ambiguity, uncertainty and risk.
· Learns fast, grasps the “essence” and can change course quickly where indicated.
· Makes high-quality decisions with less than perfect information.
· Acts consistently with our ethics, obligations and the law.
· Lives AbbVie values.
Agile and Accountable
· Steps up and takes leadership to own toughest challenges.
· Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
· Delivers business results while positioning AbbVie for success in the future.
· Seeks to simplify and removes bureaucracy.
Clear and Courageous
· Acts courageously; says what needs to be said.
· Manages conflict constructively.
· Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
· Admits mistakes and helps others to do so.
Make possibilities real
· Knows the business and anticipates future opportunities.
· Connects unrelated concepts, generates original or unique ideas.
· Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
· Persistent and resilient when confronted with obstacles – finds the way.