AbbVie Indirect Tax Accounting Lead Americas in Bogotá, Colombia
Indirect Tax Accounting Lead Americas
Colombia, Distrito Capital de Bogotá, Bogotá
The Financial Services (Tax) Accounting Lead will be a part of our growing Financial Services team. The Financial Services (Tax) Accounting Lead will play a critical role in supporting the tax compliance process throughout the Latin Americas Region. In due course this role may develop into a more general accounting role like the preparation of financials for corporate purposes and entity specific GAAP. This position will conduct business in English and Spanish, so fluency in both is critical.
Key responsibilities include:
• First point of communication with our third party service providers and Tax Centre of Excellence to adequately plan the upcoming compliance cycles by liaising with all relevant stakeholders.
• Coordinate with the service providers to receive the reports on time, undertake invoice compliance checks, coordinate corrections in SAP and obtain the draft returns and final figures for follow-up. This concerns VAT, WHT VAT and Income WHT if applicable. Additional returns (if required) could also be added to this scope (as ‘secondary filings’).
• For selected countries prepare and submit VAT and WHT returns in-house without the involvement from third party service provider.
• Follow-up on any missing information and perform defined checks and reconciliations as per due dates once reports are available.
• Update and track corrections to be performed and resolve identified issues during the compliance process.
• Ad hoc assistance on tax related matters (audits, questions tax authorities, tax coding questions, ad hoc checks and reconciliations)
• Overseeing tax payments & receipts, ensuring payments can be performed in a timely manner.
• Ensure VAT/WHT is correctly accounted for within the books of account and VAT/WHT control accounts are fully reconciled.
• Review and sign off all VAT/WHT related balance sheet accounts reconciliations, as prepared by third party provider (BPO).
• Co-ordination with Tax Centre of Excellence of any other tax accounting related activities.
• Constantly look for improvement opportunities in the area of direct responsibility, but not limited to and drive implementation (compliance, quality and process efficiency)
A driven, energetic person with experience in accounting and in VAT & WHT compliance/ reporting, able to act as focal point between different stakeholders, multi task and meet fixed deadlines.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting and hands on accounting experience (+5 years) in an international environment (pharma sector is a plus)
• Professional proficiency of English and Spanish is a requirement
• Good knowledge of the VAT & WHT
• Critical mindset to be able to challenge tools and processes in use while promoting business development
• Ability to multi task and deal with time constraints while effectively managing deadlines
• A sound business sense with excellent numerical skills
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization and at stakeholders’ side
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
• Strong computer skills, particular experience with Excel and SAP
• Demonstrated continuous improvement mindset and drive for excellence