AbbVie Director External Affairs in Baar, Switzerland
Director External Affairs
Switzerland, Zug, Baar at https://abbvie.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/1277/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Communications at http://abbvie.referrals.selectminds.com/landingpages/communications-opportunities-at-abbvie-97
Apply for Job
Share this Job
Join our Talent Community
AbbVie is a global, research-driven biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the treatment of severe, mostly chronic diseases. Research and innovation are the foundation of business activity. Therapeutic areas include immunology, virology, nephrology, neurology, anesthesiology and oncology. The company operates worldwide in more than 170 countries and employs around 29,000 people. The Swiss branch in Baar (ZG) employs around 150 enthusiastic employees.
Director External Affairs
In this role, you will be responsible for the internal and external communication of AbbVie's Swiss branch, both for cross-company issues and for the therapeutic areas/products. You will act as media spokesperson and contact person for exponents of classical and new media.
Your duties include, among others
· Leading the local External Affairs Team
· Strategic and tactical planning of communication and patient advocacy throughout Switzerland
· Collaboration - directly and with the team - in the Brand Team Matrix for the benefit of the therapeutic areas/products
· Further development of AbbVie Story Messaging, considering current trends, priorities and global strategies
· Active representation of AbbVie and its positions vis-à-vis the media, patient advocates and other specialist and audience stakeholders
· Ensuring high-quality and high-frequency support of all internal and external communication channels
· Tracking of the impact of External Affairs measures regarding quantity, quality and corporate reputation
· Active screening and recognition of communication trends; corresponding further development in the context of a multi-channel approach
· Ensuring the crisis communication process and compliance with industry regulations
· In the daily business, own implementation as well as together with the team of any communication activities and instruments in word, writing and image
· Planning and implementation of leadership communication and advising the Affiliate Management team on any communications and patient advocacy issues
· Exercising the media spokesman function as well as managing moderations, round tables and larger meetings in German, English or French
In this role, you report to the General Manager Switzerland and are a member of the Executive Board. You also discuss your activities with the External Affairs officers of the Area (Europe) and Global.
Higher education at Master's level in communication sciences, journalism or a related field. More than ten years of experience in senior communication roles within the Swiss health care system, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry. You also have excellent communication and presentation skills, political intuition and negotiation skills, as well as a solution-oriented, pragmatic approach and working style with the ability to discuss and represent the concerns of a wide range of stakeholders at C-level. Business fluent German (native speaker preferred), French and English skills round off your profile.
AbbVie is one of the fastest-growing, innovation-driven pharmaceutical companies worldwide. You will receive thorough training and have the opportunity to develop continuously. We offer a varied, independent and responsible position in a motivated team. We also offer attractive conditions with a performance-related component, as well as advanced social benefits.
Does this offer spark your interest and do you have the desired skills? Then we look forward to receiving your application.