AbbVie Sales Executive - Gastroenterology, NSW South in Sydney, Australia
AbbVie * (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott. The company’s mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world’s most complex and serious diseases. AbbVie employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
- Awarded Great Place to Work Australia 2016
- Top-10 Most Innovative Companies in Australia 2016
- People. Passion. Possibilities. Join AbbVie - combining the focus and passion of a leading-edge biotech with the expertise and structure of a long-established pharmaceutical leader.
For more information, please visit www.abbvie.com . Follow us on
Summary of Job Description: * We have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Executive to join the ANZ team in our Gastroenterology Division based in NSW – Sth.
Job Purpose and Scope: *
Partner with in-field teams and build trusted business relationships with customers in order to drive superior sales results and enhance patients’ lives.
To develop and manage new business strategies and opportunities to expand sales volume at existing accounts.
Major Responsibilities: *
- Patient Focus:
o o Build awareness and sensitivity of the patient condition and issues in order to demonstrate understanding and to integrate a focus on patient welfare and outcomes into approaches with customers. o
- Customer Partnering:
o o Build and maintain trusting relationships with key customers, prioritising those that are most critical to AbbVie from a commercial and reputational perspective in order to improve levels of customer service and deliver sales. o o Plan sales calls strategies that crystallises the intended logical conclusions, emotional reactions and next steps to be advanced with the HCP. o o Execute and review sales calls against the sales performance model in order to grow market share and increase sales with customers. o o Seize opportunities to broaden the account team with appropriate customers to strengthen relationships and develop better customer solutions. o o Maintain close relationships with key accounts, ensuring that their requirements are being met. Appraise current and planned customer needs and advise on the application of company products and services to customer requirements. o o Operate effectively in a multidisciplinary matrix team. o
- Business Planning:
o o Gather and analyse relevant customer, territory and state information to help prioritise activity/resources and deliver the best commercial result for AbbVie o o Develop specific, tailored plans for key accounts and customers so that actions are planned and risks are managed in order to meet or exceed sales targets. o o Maintain sales and customer databases and complete all internal processes pre and post sales calls so that performance is tracked. o
o o Create solutions that enhance team performance, customer service and sales results by bringing in best practice and innovation from external sources to help develop customer strategies and act as expertise lead for area of responsibility. o o Keep up to date with medical and regulatory developments, competitor activity, internal policies and processes in order to provide the best possible service to customers. o
o o Work collaboratively with other in-field colleagues to ensure that there is clear alignment to overall product strategy and effective implementation to achieve common goals with shared customers. o o Build and enhance professional contacts within areas of responsibility and expertise in order to increase sector knowledge, broaden the brand and reputation of AbbVie and stay up to date with new products, disease states and medical understanding. o o Proactively works on broader initiatives within AbbVie, representing areas of expertise or sales in general, on cross functional projects in order to improve business performance. o o Shares learning and information with colleagues to enhance understanding and build a strong collaborative mindset within the sales team. o o Mentor and coach team members whenever opportunities arise to help develop capability in the team o
* Essential Skills & Abilities: * * Excellent communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to partner with internal and external customers
* Computer literacy
* Selling Skills
* Has adequate knowledge and/or skills to perform effectively on the job
* Keeps abreast of knowledge and/or skills required to perform the job effectively
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Education/Experience Required: * * Minimum 3 years appropriate sales experience in a hospital environment * Completed industry qualification (CEP or equivalent).
* Experience dealing with Gastroenterologists preferred but not essential. * Quality, Safety & Environmental Responsibilities: * * Attend regular departmental meetings with manager/supervisor to build in continuous feedback mechanisms.
* Meet the requirements of ISO and Class A by complying with all relevant Quality policies and procedures to ensure the Quality objectives of the business are met.
* Comply with all relevant company Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental policies, procedures and work practices with the intent of preventing or minimising accidental exposures to self, colleagues and/or the environment.
Leadership Attributes: * All for One AbbVie Clear and Courageous Decide Smart and Sure Agile and Accountable Make Possibilities Real
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter.
Please visit our website www.abbvie.com for more information about our Company or to explore other AbbVie opportunities.
AbbVie is an EEO Employer.
Job Classification: Experienced
Primary Location: Australia-New South Wales-Sydney
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 1702613