AbbVie Pharmacyclics Manager, Statistical Programming in Sunnyvale, California
Manager, Statistical Programming
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
# of Openings: 1
General Position Summary/Purpose:
· Manage and coordinate the Statistical Programming staff to ensure efficient use of the resource and work flow
· Designs, develops, evaluates and modifies computer programs to analyze and evaluate clinical data. Generate Study specific and ad-hoc clinical data listings, summary tables and figures.
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
Manage Lower level personnel.
Performs data analysis using primarily the SAS programming language for the summary and interpretation of clinical trial data.
Create CDISC SDTM and ADaM files, SAS export files and Define.xml use for Electronic Submission from the data received in non-standard form from various sources.
Performs Data analysis, statistical analysis, generate safety and efficacy tables, listings and graphs using Base SAS, SAS Macros, SAS/STAT, SAS/Graph, SAS/SQL and SAS/ODS.
Review Data Management Plan, Data validation plan and edit check specifications
Interact with Statisticians and other clinical team, perform ad hoc analysis and generate outputs according to the requirements.
Implements and contributes to statistical analysis plans; provides additional expertise in the analysis of clinical trial as it relates to protocol development, case report form design and data collection.
Recognizes inconsistencies and initiates resolution of data problems.
Acts as a liaison between statistical programming, subcommittees and project teams as needed.
· Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
· Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of intangibles.
· May serve as external spokesperson for the organization.
· Generate and QC summary tables, data listings and figures for in-house analyses of study data or publications using SAS standard coding practices.
· Validate work of other programmer/analysts at CRO or in-house.
· Maintain complete and auditable documentation of all programming activities.
Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
May provide guidance to other lower level personnel.
· Works closely with Biostatistics to create analysis files specifications following the instructions provided in Statistical Analysis Plan (SAP)
- Create/acquire tools to improve programming efficiency or quality.
· Experience with integrated summaries (ISE/ISS) and Clinical Study Reports.
Ability to use professional concepts to achieve objectives in creative and effective ways.
Experience in the analysis of complex Oncology clinical trial data.
Solid knowledge of CDISC standard (SDTM & ADaM).
· Minimum 9 years Pharmaceutical/Biotech programming experience with management experience.
· NDA submission experience is a plus.
· Strong SAS programming and Statistical background along with experience with SAS Base, SAS/Macros, SAS/Graph and SAS/Stat.
Education Requirements (degree, certifications, etc.): Include must have and preferred
BS/MS in Statistics, Math,Scientific or related discipline.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled