AbbVie Senior Scientist I Bioinformatics in South San Francisco, California
Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products — Imbruvica, Venclexta, and Empliciti — and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in nearly 200 clinical trials in 19 different types of cancer.
AbbVie is expanding its oncology hub on the West Coast, with three sites in the San Francisco Bay Area (Redwood City, South San Francisco, and Sunnyvale) focused on the discovery and development of novel oncology therapies. More than 1,000 AbbVie scientists, clinicians, and product developers with strong entrepreneurial roots work across these three sites. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. This position will be based at Stemcentrx, AbbVie's location in South San Francisco, CA.
As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting new approach to drug discovery and development, the successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the team, leveraging his/her experience in genomics by participating in the development / application of strategies and techniques for genomic, transcriptomic, network and pathways based data analysis and hypothesis generation. The candidate will work closely with Molecular Biology, Cancer Biology, and Translational Oncology scientists for the purposes of target identification / validation and biomarker discovery projects. The ability to work independently, while effectively interacting and communicating with other team members, is imperative. Consideration will be given to strong candidates with lesser experience.
• Ph.D. in bioinformatics, statistics, computer science or related fields with 0-5 years of postdoctoral experiences in oncology or master’s with more than 7 years of relevant scientific experience
• Candidates with extensive experiences may be considered for more senior positions
• Broad experience analyzing genomic, transcriptomic and proteomic data and in-depth knowledge of current technologies and bioinformatics algorithms
• Experience in statistical analysis or machine learning
• Proficient in R, Python, Perl, command-line UNIX/Linux, SQL
• Familiarity with revision control systems, preferably git
• Familiarity with data visualization software (R/Shiny, Tableau, Spotfire)
• Ability to multitask, work independently and work in a fast-paced environment
• Motivated, organized and disciplined record keeping
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong track record of achievement and advancement desired
Job Classification: Experienced
Job: RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
Primary Location: USA-California-South San Francisco
Organization: Research & Development
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Req ID: 1702502
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled