AbbVie Associate Scientist II/Scientist I, Histology in South San Francisco, California
Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products — Imbruvica, Venclexta, and Empliciti — and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in nearly 200 clinical trials in 19 different types of cancer.
AbbVie is expanding its oncology hub on the West Coast, with three sites in the San Francisco Bay Area (Redwood City, South San Francisco, and Sunnyvale) focused on the discovery and development of novel oncology therapies. More than 1,000 AbbVie scientists, clinicians, and product developers with strong entrepreneurial roots work across these three sites. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. This position is based at Stemcentrx, AbbVie’s South San Francisco, CA location.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to work within the Translational Pathology Group to perform histology based techniques and develop slide-based assays.
Key Responsibilities: * Histology based techniques such as the preparation of Formalin Fixed Paraffin Embedded (FFPE) tissues: trimming, processing, embedding and sectioning of human and non-human animal tissues * Develop slide based assays such as immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization
Associate Scientist II: Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent education, with typically 3 or more years’ experience or Master’s Degree or equivalent education Scientist I: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education with typically 5 years of experience, or Master’s Degree or equivalent education with typically two years of experience.
- Experience with tissue-based techniques and assays such as histology, immunohistochemistry and in-situ hybridization
- Understanding of human and non-human histology
- Ability to design experiments, analyze and interpret data and communicate results independently
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills are required; must be able to multi-task and participate in highly effective teams
- Strong motivation, attention to detail, and ability to think independently and fully integrate into a high achieving team environment
Job Classification: Experienced
Job: RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
Primary Location: USA-California-South San Francisco
Organization: Research & Development
Req ID: 1703209
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled