Title: Senior Toxicologist (m/w)
Job Number: 130000010V
AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott. AbbVie combines the focus and passion of a leading-edge biotech with the expertise and capabilities of a long-established pharmaceutical leader to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world’s most complex and serious diseases. In 2013, AbbVie will employ approximately 21,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
* You collaborate closely with Neuroscience Discovery in early-stage projects and represent the Toxicology department
* You support global project teams with your toxicological expertise and create the toxicological section of all regulatory documents such as Investigator's Brochure, IND, IMPD, CTA, etc.
* You collaborate closely with the Toxicology department in the US headquarter
* You act as trainer and mentor to the Study Directors and laboratory personnel and ensure ongoing training of all toxicologists
* As Study Director, you are responsible for the conduct of non-GLP and GLP studies at the study site and supervise the conduct of studies at external study sites (CROs).
* You act according to the leadership guidelines laid down by AbbVie Deutschland GmbH & Co. KG and you are responsible for work safety according to legal and company regulations.
* Dedication and enthusiasm in contributing to international research and development programs
* Master degree in Life Sciences with appropriate post-qualification experience and PhD
* Veterinary specialist training in pharmacology and toxicology or special toxicology (DGPT or DABT) or equivalent additional qualification is desired
* Minimum 6 years experience as a toxicologist, study director forin vivotoxicological studies in the pharmaceutical industry or in a CRO
* Solid knowledge of the workflow and process operations in industrial toxicology according to current guidelines and state of scientific knowledge
* Strong teamwork, communication, cooperation and leadership skills as well as the ability to guide employees or project teams
* Very good written and spoken English
* Experienced in use of MS Office, MS Project and SharePoint
An equal opportunity employer. AbbVie welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Job: CLINICAL RESEARCH