AbbVie Senior District Manager/Manager- Women%27s Health - Los Angeles- North, CA in Los Angeles, California
The Senior District Manager/ District Manager is primarily responsible for increasing sales of pharmaceutical products within an assigned geography.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Must provide leadership through direction, motivation, coaching, skill development, product knowledge, industry knowledge, competitive knowledge, performance management and company knowledge.
- Creates, implements and communicates plans and vision for his/her sales district, and monitor progress towards the plans and vision.
- Must maintain a diverse and motivated sales team using the appropriate recruitment and employee relations policies.
- Maintain fiscal responsibility of sales district and complete each year within assigned budget.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system by:
- Interprets national and regional strategies for sales representatives, while developing and executing a district strategy that incorporates all national and regional objectives.
- Develops sales tactics and strategies to increase sales within an assigned geography.
- Monitors district progress towards meeting and exceeding sales plans and forecasts.
- Prepares business plans, forecast, and market share analysis that may be presented to upper management to ensure effective planning for current and future years.
- Effectively manages district budgets to ensure ROI is being maximized within assigned geography.
- Works with area managed care teams to ensure optimal positioning of AbbVie products by developing and executing pull thru strategies, identifying and building relationships with Key Opinion Leaders, and disseminating important MHC information to subordinates.
- Works with area group practice account managers to interact with and understand the group practice environment. In conjunction with GPAE, develops and executes pull thru strategies, identifies and builds relationships, and disseminates important product information.
- Routinely identifies/forecasts market opportunities and threats, and develops plans to address them.
- Effectively utilizes the performance management process by routinely conducting performance evaluations, providing feedback on performance gaps, providing coaching to minimize gaps and preparing representatives to meet personal and company goals.
- Uses motivational tools to effectively drive teamwork and superior sales performance within assigned geography.
- Effectively utilizes both written and verbal communication skills to consistently provide clear direction to subordinates and peers.
- Conducts routine interviewing to proactively identify prospective candidates.
- Proactively leads and develops a diverse sales team that is representative of company stakeholders.
- Ensures representative adherence to all corporate and divisional compliance policies and guidelines.
Accountability & Scope:
- Maintain and grow business in current assignment.
- District Managers are paid bonus based on sales growth criteria set at the beginning of each trimester and/or quarter. If sales growth in the district does not meet criteria established at the beginning of the year, a manager’s pay can be adversely affected.
- Provide reports to Regional Managers (RM) regarding assigned district to include but not limited to: forecasts, proposals and business reviews. This allows sales management to effectively plan for the current and/or following year.
- Ensuring adherence to all corporate and divisional compliance polices and guidelines within the assigned district. Lack of adherence to compliance policies and guidelines may adversely affect the corporation, division, representative and manager employment status.
Maintaining a full, motivated, well-trained and diverse staff. If this is not done then district performance may be adversely affected due to turnover, vacancies within the district, and ineffective impact with the customer group within the assigned geography.
- Position will be filled as Senior District Manager or District Manager based on experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Sales experience required. Sales leadership experience preferred.
- Business analysis and planning skills that drive sales performance.
- Excellent judgment and decision making skills.
- Ability to articulate the scientific aspects of treatments and therapeutic area.
- Proven ability to deliver candid, effective feedback and efficiently manage performance.
- Ability to develop talent for promotional opportunities.
- Ability to create a culture of winning and full team engagement.
- Collaborates and is able to influence without authority across organizations.
- Models AbbVie’s Ways of Working.
- 2-3 years selling experience within the pharmaceutical industry or equivalent.
- 1 to 2 years people management experience including coaching and development.
- Formal in house development role in training, marketing or other areas preferred.
- Women’s Health experience preferred.
- Launch experience preferred.
Job Classification: Experienced
Primary Location: USA-California-Los Angeles
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 1706394
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled