AbbVie Senior Scientist III Engineer in Lake County, Illinois
Serve as a lead scientist/engineer on a given project/product, and contribute scientific insights into multiple other projects. Assume technical ownership of a given product across the various stages of development and commercialization in coordination with other functional areas. May direct research and/or project activities and professional development of a scientist(s) within the individual’s area of expertise, by effectively mentoring, guiding and/or supervising scientific personnel.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Independently responsible for project science/management within his/her area of expertise on one or more project teams.
- Capable of serving as the technical product/process expert for one or more products, representing S&T across multiple functions.
- Author, review, and/or approve technical reports and/or regulatory submission documents.
- Make significant contributions to the project team, including lab based activities.
- Ensure timely and robust technical transfers.
- Generate new scientific proposals and lead those efforts. Anticipate and critically evaluate scientific or regulatory advances or competitive threats and respond with appropriate new strategies.
- May mentor/supervise a team of one or more and evaluate the performance of those individuals; is accountable for the effective performance of the team/individuals.
- BS or equivalent education and extensive, typically 14 years of experience; MS or equivalent education with typically 12 years of experience; PhD with typically 6 years of experience in area or scientific area of discipline.
- Experience in Amorphous Solid Dispersion, milling, compression and/or extrusion processes.
- Experience leading complex technical projects that cross functional areas, including tech transfers
- Demonstrated ability to function as a principle investigator, generating original technical ideas and research or development strategies.
- Recognized and sought out as an expert in his/her discipline within the company and possibly externally.
- Experienced and demonstrated success as primary author of publications, presentations, regulatory documents and/or primary inventor of patents.
- Demonstrated scientific communication and presentation skills, for example by presenting at leading
Job Classification: Experienced
Job: RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
Primary Location: USA-Illinois-Lake County
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 1703285
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled