AbbVie Senior Scientist I, Imaging Analysis in Lake County, Illinois
Abbvie iSAT Imaging group is actively engaged in an innovative PET and MRI research program which includes the labeling and evaluation of novel PET ligands, tracers and methodologies, assessing their application to drug discovery and development, and their utilization in the understanding of normo- and patho- physiology in disease models and in man. The department identifies and progresses key imaging initiatives, and interfaces widely with other groups across functions (e.g. medicinal chemists, toxicologists, biologists, pharmacologists, clinicians) and therapeutic areas (e.g. oncology, immunology and neurosciences) within Abbvie and with our external collaborators.
The responsibility of the imaging analyst will be to assist in delivering the overarching imaging strategy by developing and applying quantification methodologies for the characterization of novel imaging probes in order to obtain understanding pathophysiology of diseases and assess the application of imaging in drug discovery and development.
To analyze preclinical and clinical molecular imaging and MRI data and apply pharmacokinetic modeling to characterize imaging probes and drug candidates across therapeutic areas and provide scientific input in interpretation of results.
To develop quantification methodologies for novel small molecule and biologic imaging agents in order to optimize the best use of imaging studies in answering key early development questions.
To manage the imaging database and improve the data reporting platform to streamline the data acquisition, analysis and reporting process and collaborate with other department within AbbVie to incorporate imaging data into company’s compound database.
To maintain and expand critical expertise within the field of image analysis and pharmacokinetic modelling and related technologies and continues the relationship with leading experts in the field.
Publication and presentation of high quality research in international journals and symposia.
- Bachelors, Masters, or Ph.D in Medical Physics, Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, or a relevant discipline
- 10 (BS), 8 (MS), 0 (Ph.D) years of relevant experience
- Coding experience using MATLAB, C or other languages is essential.
- Working knowledge of image analysis and pharmacokinetic modeling using FSL, FreeSurfer, SPM, ITK is desired.
- Experience of molecular imaging in neuroscience or oncology is preferred. Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to work within a team environment.
Job Classification: Experienced
Job: RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
Primary Location: USA-Illinois-Lake County
Organization: Research & Development
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Req ID: 1702821
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled