AbbVie Senior Operations Manager in Lake County, Illinois
Purpose Oversee the operational aspects and tactical execution of managing external activities to global suppliers for AbbVie projects. Communicate/present key information to department management / function head / senior management. Assist department management / function head / senior management with the strategic design of outsourced activities. Ensure function operates within the current Plan/Update budget. Raise issues and opportunities as appropriate.Identify, plan and implement activities and projects to achieve departmental strategies, goals, and objectives.
* Builds and manages area external budget (>$20MM) across multiple functional groups.
* Tracks financials and deliverables for vendor to estimate resource demand forecast and translate into financial terms.
* Partners and acts as conduit between Finance (Internals and Externals
* Finance Teams) and functional area to ensure departments operate within the established budget. Primary contact for External Finance deliverables/questions.
* Assist with Pharm Dev Plan/Update process. Secure additional funding as needed. * Prepares forecast models and scenario analyses for large (multimillion dollar) contractual deals. * Identifies resource conflicts, constraints, and issues, and provide recommendations for resolution. Support new efforts to evaluate and balance resources. * Provide strategic insight for identification, conduct and implementation of functional initiatives related to external sourcing. Drives projects to achieve the Development strategy, mission and vision. * Receives assignments from manager and/or suggests projects to manager, and is responsible for functional objectives on schedule and within budget largely unsupervised. * Reviews key decisions impacting budget/timelines with Manager. Provides recommendations for resolution. * Initiates contracts and tracks contract status and spend for suppliers to ensure continuity of services
* Bachelor/Master of Science (BSc/MSc), or PhD in Science of Business-related Field, or equivalent * BSc with 7 yrs * MSc with 3 yrs * Ph.D. with 2 yrs * Team, drug development, or project management related experience. Knowledge of project management practices, portfolio review, finance, and budgeting. General experience working on, or leading projects. Experience supporting clinical research/drug development and/or regulatory/pharmacovigilance/compliance department operations. * Familiar with how organizations work, formal channels and informal networks, key policies, procedures, and the organization’s culture. Ability to builds and manage relationships with manager and group members. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Pharmaceutical Development Senior Leadership, Clinical Operations Senior Leadership, Finance, HR, Operations Director
Job Classification: Experienced
Job: RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
Primary Location: USA-Illinois-Lake County
Organization: Research & Development
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Req ID: 1703553
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled