AbbVie Senior Manager, Materials Management in Lake County, Illinois
Direct or coordinate production, purchasing, warehousing, distribution, and forecasting activities to limit cost and improve accuracy, customer service assurance of products to our patients. Direct the movement, storage or processing of inventory. Assure the coordination and execution of the logistics of all aspects of the supply chain related with the manufacturing plant such as the plan and strategy, the sources of raw materials and services, the manufacturing plan focusing on productivity and efficiency, the delivery and logistics, and the coordination of any returned material for proper disposition.
- Ensure the process of Master Production Schedule is properly executed in order to meet the deliveries, performance and inventory levels established for the Plant, taking in consideration the availability of equipment, personnel, and materials.
- Ensure the process of handling customer orders is properly executed, from the initial phase of the day for the shipment until the invoices are issue to the customers. Ensure the correct management of customs relations both, Inbound and Outbound.
- Ensure an effective procurement process for both Direct and Indirect materials, either through local purchasing function as well as Purchasing Supplier Management. Responsible to manage the supplier portfolio, ensuring continuous search for new potential suppliers, and executing audits when necessary.
- Develop tools for expenditure monitoring and control in the different areas under his/her responsibility in order to identify new cost reduction opportunities.
- Monitor suppliers performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements. Meet with suppliers to discuss performance metrics, to provide performance feedback or to discuss production forecasts and changes.
- Manage/coordinate the sales and operations planning process including supply/demand forecasting, inventory management, and on time delivery. Monitor and analyze current trends in the marketplace.
- Analyze inventories of materials and products to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
- Participate in the coordination of engineering changes, product lines modifications, and new product launches to ensure orderly and timely transitions in material o production flow.
- Evaluate, develop or select information technology solutions to improve tracking and reporting of materials or products manufacturing, storage or inventory.
- Understand customers' needs, service those needs, and maintain and develop positive business relationships with a customer's key personnel involved in or directly relevant to the supply chain activities. Level of customer interaction and support varies based on site product portfolio.
* Bachelor degree in a Scientific, Engineering or Business related area is required. MBA or higher education preferred. * Minimum of 10 years experience in Operations, Supply Chain, or Financial Management. * 6 years of Supervisory experience. * Knowledge of raw materials handling, production processes, quality assurance/quality control, cost and techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of products/intermediates. * Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources effective and efficient utilization. * Must have a demonstrated capacity to build relationships both internally and externally to the organization and manage a diverse multicultural workforce. * Should have a very advance interpersonal skills, be persuasive, empathetic, able to handle pressure, creative, have sense of urgency and attention to details. Must exhibit leadership, people management skills, advance negotiation and conflict resolution skills, and organizational and planning abilities.
Job Classification: Experienced
Job: SUPPLY CHAIN & MATERIALS MANAGEMENT
Primary Location: USA-Illinois-Lake County
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Req ID: 1701984
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled