AbbVie Senior Manager, Companion Diagnostics in Lake County, Illinois
The Senior Manager, Companion Diagnostics (CDx) Insights – Oncology will be a trusted advisor to commercial leadership. The candidate will leverage insights, competitive intelligence, and secondary data to develop superior customer and marketplace understanding that will highlight CDx business opportunities and guide brand strategy. The successful candidate should have extensive Pharma CDx experience, be a strong leader with excellent communication and collaboration skills, and have a well- rounded background in both research and analytics.
Major responsibilities :
- Act as Marketing Analytics & Business Insights (MABI) lead for companion diagnostics. Become a trusted advisor to therapeutic area leadership, guiding commercial brand strategies and advising tactical initiatives based on superior customer insights and market and competitive understanding.
- Create, maintain, and ensure timely execution of the MABI plans for CDx, driving alignment with strategy and adapting to evolving business needs.
- Lead the Insight discovery process to uncover and define motivating insights across the customer base.
- Inform the brand planning process based on a deep understanding of all stages of the “diagnostic journey”, as well as stakeholder influences throughout the journey. Clarify moments of meaning and highlight opportunities to enhance the patient/practitioner experience. Develop plans to prioritize and address insights gaps.
- Participate actively in the creative development process, informing the creative brief and creative concept development and assessment by representing the voice of the targeted customer.
- Generate and maintain organizational knowledge on all insights and performance data generated relative to Oncology CDx; including market and competitive trends, health care environmental influences and investment performance against the channel. Possess a strong understanding of industry secondary data and syndicated sources and their strengths and weaknesses.
- Identify and address key business issues relative to product performance ensuring that multiple stakeholder perspective is considered, and integrate all available information specific to the issue.
- Interact with MABI tumor type marketing research, competitive intelligence and analytics leads to ensure CDx customer, market and competitive understanding are integrated to provide a holistic picture of business and performance drivers
- Ensure all MABI activities are conducted in accordance with financial and ethical compliance guidelines.
- BA or BS degree required. MBA or MA preferred. Scientific degree or Ph.D is strongly preferred
- 8 years relevant marketing research experience, with at least 6 years client side marketing research experience. At least 5 years CDx experience.
- Analytical reasoning abilities, intellectual curiosity, strong business acumen, and creativity in problem solving.
- Ability to interact effectively with/present to (verbally and in writing) all levels of the organization, from Product Managers to Senior Executives.
- Expert knowledge of custom research methodologies
- Proven experience as an integral member of a high performing work team.
Job Classification: Experienced
Primary Location: USA-Illinois-Lake County
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 1704919
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled