AbbVie Senior Analyst, Business Systems in Lake County, Illinois
Provides direct support to an assigned area. Applies relevant principles to support projects and ongoing activities. Completes tasks which support a project or functional team.
Key Responsibilities Include :
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Uses appropriate tools to collect, correlate and analyze data; records and maintains technical data for use in developing operating and instruction manuals. Conducts tests; develops preliminary findings for review by experienced analysts. Assists in the development of standards and procedures. Prepares written reports of work. Applies and executes standard information systems theories, concepts and techniques.
- Determines approach and solution to problem when issue is within scope of own ability. Develops solutions to problems where casual relationships can be identified and precedents exist. Conducts training.
- Applies analytical thinking skills to diagnose and make recommendations on systems. Incorporates knowledge of business and technology to make recommendations. Translates data gathered from user discussions into business requirements. Identifies business/system needs and recommends solutions. Assists with the testing strategies and develops preliminary findings.
- Analyzes departmental processes and needs, and makes recommendations that are most effective means to satisfy those needs. Analyses the most complex work procedures and job methods and presents concepts to simplify those procedures.
- Work is performed and technical decisions are made with a high degree of independence and performance is judged by results obtained.
- Works effectively with team/group to accomplish organizational goals. Actively participates in client or team meetings by offering suggestions. Provides leadership to project planning.
- Monitors and organizes the efforts of technical and business support staff. Manages projects according to milestones and completes tasks assigned by more experienced analysts and managers. Guides the efforts of less experienced staff.
- Exercises latitude in approach to problem and solution. Work is reviewed for soundness of business judgment and to determine if overall results and objectives have been achieved. Errors or failure to achieve expected results may result in project delays and/or the expenditure of more resources than was planned. Regular assignments are completed with minimal supervision.
Performance Metrics Analyst
Deliver to master strategy & roadmap for Enterprise metrics set by Strategy & Architecture
Select and apply appropriate industry benchmarks
Set/ manage guidelines for Business Technology Organizations (BTOs) to ensure all metrics projects stay aligned
Establish BTO Metrics governance team with representatives from each BTO operating team
Participate in BTS Strategy meetings as metrics subject matter expert
Prioritize Enterprise metrics requests and ensure steady pipeline delivery
Establish strategic frameworks for measuring performance in areas of new technologies and processes
Establish strategic frameworks for measuring performance in areas where Abbvie has not previously captured metrics and work with BTO leads to implement.
Participate in managing workload for Developer and Business Analyst and drive development using Agile methodologies
Periodically review underlying metrics assumptions and suggest improvements and enhancements
Set up & maintain robust processes to collect & report data on a predefined timeline.
- Experience in a Business System Analyst role.
- Systems Testing and IT Implementation. experience.
- Bachelors degree preferred or equivalent plus 6 or more years technical experience, or Masters degree plus 5 or more years experience or sufficient experience to demonstrate technical equivalency.
- Supervisory experience.
- Project Management experience.
- Engineering experience.
- Total combined experience required: 3 or more years.
Job Classification: Experienced
Job: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Primary Location: USA-Illinois-Lake County
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Req ID: 1705262
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled