AbbVie Salesforce Application Architect in Lake County, Illinois
The Pharmacy Solutions Salesforce Application Architect is responsible for aligning SalesForce technology solutions with business strategies, working primarily with management and technical specialists across functional disciplines. Participates in the development of the solution and understands the impact and needs of the applications. Supports the application and technical specialists in the multi-system application architecture and has a thorough understanding of available technology, tools and existing designs for the applications involved and the impact upon each other. Acts as the principal designer for Pharmacy Solutions Salesforce applications and utilizes a thorough understanding of available technology, tools and existing designs.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Leads teams consisting of other functional groups within the AbbVie BTS organization to establish technical strategies and the tactical plans for the Salesforce platform to be positioned for the current and future needs of the business.
- Evaluates application system needs across multiple systems and develops corresponding application and logical data architectures and standards.
- Provides strategic consultancy support to clients, Application Technical Specialists and other technical architects in all aspects of enabling technologies to meet business needs.
- Provides expertise on application architecture design or improvement. Considers the performance impact of the architecture. In depth knowledge of the system development lifecycle, Pharmacy Solutions systems and application development alternatives.
- Collaborates with hardware, network and database architects to research new technologies and make recommendations to management on these new technologies at AbbVie. Facilitates the purchase and introduction of new technologies.
- Strong communicator who educates the technical and business communities on current architectures and technologies and industry trends.
- Performs technical oversight of implementation projects to assure alignment with architecture and technology standards. Collaborates with the network and database architects in application design and implementation. Effectively set options to change the way a Salesforce application works (configuration responsibilities).
- Works closely with product vendors ensuring strategic and architectural fit, and ability of product to scale in order to meet AbbVie requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related disciple/ Master’s Degree preferred.
- 13 years relevant experience including 3 years as Application Architect, minimum of 6 years experience in application program development
- Sales Force Certified Platform Developer
- Sales Force Certified Administrator
- Experience working on Agile projects
- Requires good communication skills, analytical ability, judgment and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff.
- Must be competent to work at the highest level of all phases of application program/system design and implementation.
Job Classification: Experienced
Job: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Primary Location: USA-Illinois-Lake County
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Req ID: 1705376
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled