AbbVie Manager, Infrastructure Services Operations in Lake County, Illinois
The position is responsible for Application Support & Maintenance of several infrastructure services applications and platforms including the company's Oracle based Identity Management system, the Informatica platform and the company's SharePoint applications including the internal communication and collaboration and HR portals.
The Service Operations Manager role maintains accountability for confirming that the appropriate processes and quality metrics are in place for all of AbbVie’s applications. This role will maintain accountability for providing governance and oversight for all critical and non-critical production services including: Incident, Problem, Demand, Change, Deployment, Release, Service Transition, Audit, Validation and Compliance and Disaster Recovery for applications within area of responsibility. The role will also provide additional guidance and oversight around the prioritization for the execution of Application Maintenance and Support and Minor Enhancement activities.
- Responsible for overall operations and governance of Applications within the Application Center of Excellence thatare under the area of responsibility
- Establish and maintain strategic level working relationship with functional counterparts in the Technology Domain teams.
- Serve as the initial contact point for strategic initiatives initiated by Technology Domain teams that require Center of Excellence support and resources
- Manage and certify compliance with the Change, Release, Deployment and other Service Transition processes
- Function as overall governance lead to ensure common practices and processes across all applications within the of excellence that are under the area of responsibility
- Provide guidance and direction to other professionals, acts in a consulting and/or advisory capacity; coordinates of highly complex problems and tasks, and possesses ability to meet and operate under deadlines
- Responsible for the overall Demand, Budget & Resource management for applications under the area of Interact with the business users, Technology Domain team and Infrastructure team to understand prioritize minor enhancements demand and drive the enhancements with the service provider
- Serve as secondary AbbVie contact point and secondary level of escalation for Incidents and Problems. Assists the prioritization and escalation of system recovery issues with the Service Provider, Cross-functional teams, Domain teams and Infrastructure teams
- Help manage the relationship with vendors to ensure superior service delivery for all application maintenance and activities. Monitor workload of staff to ensure team members are consistently managed and challenged.
- Work with Human Resources to define and implement programs to address changes in resourcing, career career development and reward / recognition initiatives
- Required: Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Computer Engineering. Preferred: Master’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Required: Minimum of more than 12 years of combined experience in Information Technology
Job Classification: Experienced
Job: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Primary Location: USA-Illinois-Lake County
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 1703015
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled