AbbVie Manager, Competitive Intelligence in Lake County, Illinois
The Manager, Competitive Intelligence (CI) Oncology supports strategic commercial efforts by providing objective, in-depth, and actionable intelligence about current and future market and competitive forces. The Manager Competitive Intelligence acts as a partner to the US commercial teams with expertise in current and future competitive drivers in the marketplace as well as functional expertise in how to use competitive intelligence to inform strategies.
- Provide an objective commercial viewpoint of potential disruptive forces and pending market and competitive drivers, based on an advanced understanding and analysis of healthcare dynamics, commercial, clinical and scientific competitive information
- Collaborate on CI strategy within specified tumor type(s) to ensure franchise teams have actionable intelligence and understanding of relevant competitors and competitive landscape, and translate CI deliverables into business implications that inform near and long-term strategies
- Execute CI plan by coordinating the collection of CI from secondary and primary sources, managing external vendors. Synthesize and disseminate intelligence and associated implications
- Assist with the coordination, planning and execution of company-wide CI activities at US scientific conferences and consolidate and report back critical findings and implications
- Act as CI lead, demonstrating awareness and understanding of appropriate CI applications and key internal and external data/information sources
- Collaborate across clinical, medical and regulatory to inform CI viewpoint
- Ensure all CI activities are conducted in accordance with financial and ethical compliance guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree required (life science or related degree is a plus).
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in the pharma/biotech industry in a commercial or clinical role; and/or consulting experience, with at least 4 years’ experience in competitive intelligence. Oncology Experience preferred.
- Ability to interact effectively with/present to (verbally and in writing) all levels of the organization, from Product Managers to Executives.
- Experience working in a highly matrixed environment and standing out as a successful collaborator
- Ability to problem solve and think outside the box
Job Classification: Experienced
Primary Location: USA-Illinois-Lake County
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 1704920
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled