AbbVie Electrical Estimator/Planner in Lake County, Illinois
The Construction Planner/Estimator works with Project Engineers and construction services to review drawings and identify materials required to perform tasks, order materials and estimate labor requirements to support the completion of project within scope of responsibility.
- Performs a combination of specialized duties involved in the planning, estimating, scheduling and organizing of project related jobs.
- Conduct field checks before planning
- Be able to interpret construction blueprints in order to provide competitive cost estimates
- Estimates time for jobs, prepares material list and specifies tools and necessary safety equipment when required.
- Orders parts from stockroom
- Works with vendors to identify specific parts required and obtains best pricing quotes
- Initiates purchase requisitions for projects in advance of start date.
- Coordinates work with other Supervisors, Group leaders and operating departments.
- Plans daily work load and works with the Group leader to assign the appropriate trades person to perform the work.
- May instruct the tradesmen on the proper method or procedure of performing the job.
- The Electrical
- Planner/Estimator may be required to perform the duties of a Sr. Trades person on emergency jobs or as directed.
- Kits material as they are received for projects and arranges deliveries to jobsite
- Must have a high school education or equivalent and a minimum of five(5) years experience in the commercial electrical trade.
- Previous electrical estimating experience preferred
- Good math skills are essential
- Good human relation, documentation and communication skills.
- Must be experienced with computer maintenance management systems, e-mail and calendaring
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills
- Must have multi-skilled trades capability and be familiar with the application and operation of all basic maintenance tools and equipment used by various trades groups.
- Must be knowledgeable of various computer systems and programs used in maintenance operations
Job Classification: Experienced
Primary Location: USA-Illinois-Lake County
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Req ID: 1702058
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled