AbbVie Commercial Leader Program Intern in Lake County, Illinois
/ Internship Description /
As a MBA intern, you’ll participate in a paid, twelve-week summer program that involves social and development activities, along with AbbVie-sponsored housing and shuttle services for eligible students. You’ll join a team working on Marketing or Managed Care where you will do meaningful work that has a real impact on our business and patients worldwide. You will also combine technical and business knowledge with analytical strength and creative problem solving.
As an intern you will be located at our corporate headquarters in north suburban Chicago. AbbVie’s worldwide business offers you an opportunity to work in a variety of fields. All internship assignments are different and based on business need; however, below are some examples of past intern projects:
· Experience a productlaunchfor by developing relationships, producing tools to help strengthen care model in anticipation of launch. Sync Drug to Drug Interaction Website with Mobile Apps. Map lab testing data into Care Model.
· Work with an pipelineproduct and make recommendations on a sales forecast. Develop a process to link Global forecasts to the US affiliate. Recommend strategies that will drive incremental business for the Oncology brand team.
· Play a role with the world’stop grossing prescription. Provide perspective to the size and scope of the commercial opportunity along the patient journeys. Assess trade-offs for commercial focus for tactical planning considering the commercial opportunity.
/ Basic Requirements /
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in an accredited MBA program, preferably with an emphasis on marketing or general management
- Eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship
Strong academic performance (GPA = 3.0/4.0)//
· Must be enrolled in an accredited MBA program the semester following your internship
· Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
· 4-5 years of prior work experience
· Strong analytical skills
/ Preferred Requirements /
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- Strong track record of accomplishments
- Presence/communication skills
Domestic geographic mobility
AbbVie strongly considers high performing interns as candidates for their Commercial Leader Program (CLP) after they graduate. AbbVie’s (CLP) is a 4 year rotational program with three separate work assignments. The rotations are carried out in a variety of functional areas such as: Sales, Product Marketing and Managed Healthcare. The goal of the program is to identify and develop AbbVie’s future Commercial leaders.
Job Classification: Internship
Primary Location: USA-Illinois-Lake County
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 1706828
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled