AbbVie EMEA Payroll Analyst in Kraków, Poland
AbbVie’s payroll operating model is based on standardized processes, roles, responsibilities and governance, in which HR manages compensation & benefits programs, Payroll Operations manages the payroll calculations, bank files and all stakeholders including the Business Process Outsourcer (BPO), and Finance manages the downstream accounting and treasury responsibilities.
The Payroll Analyst will be responsible for Payroll Operations in three to five countries within his or her Area. The Payroll Analyst will manage AbbVie’s operational relationship with the Global Payroll Vendor (GPV) and support the GPV with regard to payroll implementation. They will work closely with the Global Payroll Team and in-country HR / finance managers.
The Payroll Analyst will be responsible for processing and correcting payroll transactions that are the responsibility of AbbVie, supporting pre-payroll activities, year-end payroll activities, reviewing and verifying files generated by the GPV, enforcing key payroll deadlines, as well as assisting the GPV in answering and escalating issues it cannot resolve.
This role has the following five major areas of responsibility:
Responsible for managing and operating the End-to-End (E2E) payroll process for countries under their responsibility. This includes:
· Ensuring accurate and timely payroll results across all scheduled and off-cycle payrolls· Gross-to-Net Payroll calculation accuracy and validation · Bank file accuracy · Managing AbbVie participants’ (BHR, Finance) role in the payroll process · Managing the country BPO operations to ensure they achieve their responsibilities · Managing calendar compliance · Compliance with operations and governance and internal controls · Partnering with HR Finance and Core Finance on required payroll reconciliations and financial reporting · Address Tier 3 payroll inquiries in a timely manner.
· Serve as the AbbVie subject matter expert on local payroll requirements and related tax matters. Liaise with BPO and other local resources as needed to address questions/issues in this area.
· Plan, manage and control periodic/quarterly/semi-annual/annual payroll requirement.
· Identify, track and resolve operational issues and improvement opportunities within the Area. Escalate major issues to Area Manager.
· Manage and control the BPO/local provider operations to ensure efficient and effective payroll processes.
· Lead/participate in implementation and deliver target results for projects impacting the analyst’s countries.
Education, Experience and Skills Required
• B.S. or B.A. Major/concentration in Finance / Accounting is preferred
• 3-5 years of experience in multi-country payroll operations.
• BPO vendor management preferred
• International business experience
• Strong customer focus
• Highest level of integrity and diplomacy
• Strong work ethic and ability to work flexible hours based on payroll cycle needs; ability to prioritize work and manage time effectively; ability to manage a high volume of work under tight service delivery deadlines
• Confident and assertive personality with the toughness to drive BPO performance and ensure compliance with the payroll operating model
• Working knowledge of Workday, SAP Payroll and Kronos Time & Attendance systems is preferred
• Strong MS Office Suite experience
• Language(s) fluency required: English plus proficiency in additional local language(s) would be an advantage
Job Classification: Experienced
Primary Location: Poland-Malopolskie-Kraków
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Req ID: 1706816