AbbVie Medical Manager Oncology in Hoofddorp, Netherlands
/ Moving forward: Expanding AbbVie’ s footprint in Oncology /
AbbVie is deeply committed to transforming the lives of people living with cancer around the world. At AbbVie, we believe that addressing the toughest challenges in oncology both for hematological malignancies and solid tumors takes all of us. AbbVie enters oncology as a new and innovative company. Our strong pipeline will deliver state-of-the-art treatments consisting of targeted therapies including antibody drug conjugates for various types of malignancies Venetoclax (Venclyxto) , a BCL-2 inhibitor has been approved for the treatment of relapsed and refractory chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) and is under investigation in earlier treatment lines of CLL and in other hematological malignancies such as AML, MM and DLBCL. In the next few years AbbVie will expand its presence in oncology by bringing to market several targeted anticancer drugs for the treatment of solid tumors including lung cancer, glioblastoma, breast- and ovarian cancer. .
Medical affairs will have a pioneering and leading role in the launch readiness for these new therapies. The combination of a strong ambition, innovative products, and a patient focus mindset the role of Medical Manager Oncology Solid Tumors provides you a unique opportunity to broaden your experience in oncology, be part of several product launches, and expand or gain managerial experience in Medical Affairs.
We are looking for a passionate Medical Manager Oncology with a high ambition and strong social skills to be part of our medical affairs launch machine. A proactive leader that can shape and drive the medical affairs strategy and create impactful collaborations with our customers to improve the lives of our cancer patients.
Primary Job Function
- Together with the Head of Medical Affairs Oncology, and the collaboration with the oncology brand team, be responsible for the development, budget, and execution of the medical affairs functional plan for products in several solid tumor indications (starting with lung cancer and glioblastoma).
- Be the scientific subject expert for our external customers and the entire brand team oncology and ensure excellent understanding and knowledge of our innovative products, the targeted indications and treatment algorithm.
Line management of 2 medical science liaisons including drafting goals and biannual evaluation and appraisal discussions.
Key responsibilities include:
Build up a strong medic al and scientific presence for Abbvie in key academic centers by facilitation of research and educational initiatives, while supporting requests for medical and scientific information on products or areas of therapeutic interest to Abbvie.
- Be a flanking partner for the internal teams such as sales and marketing and members of the oncology brand team to develop their scientific and technical expertise through the delivery of scientific update presentations.
- Attend relevant scientific meetings and conferences as well as serve as the medical interface between regional/global brand teams and the local brand team.
- Upon request, assists physicians with requests for access to AbbVie medicines on a named patient or compassionate use basis, subject to all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for building up the local external expert network and engaging in scientific exchange on unmet need and new advances in treatment to prepare the anticipated launches of AbbVie products.
- In collaboration with the oncology brand team develop and ensure excellent execution of medical affairs activities such as scientific research with a focus on strategic collaborations with top institutions and external experts to deliver innovative healthcare solutions for patients.
- Serve as the person to go to for medical inquiries for all external and internal stakeholders
- Be responsible for medical review of promotional materials and interactions according to national rules and regulations and AbbVie policies.
Skills & Experience
- Fluent Dutch and English
- (Bio)-Medical doctorate degree and PhD in a relevant therapeutic specialty strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of medical affairs experience in the pharmaceutical industry with expertise in oncology and experience as people manager strongly recommended.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an in-field medical position.
- Experience working in a cross-functional team environment (matrix).
Strong social skills and entrepreneurial mind set with the ability to lead in a matrix organization.
A proactive leader who can inspire his/her in/external experts as well as internal brand team members.
- Excellent social skills combined with a strong scientific basis to have in-depth scientific discussions with external experts and the ability to explain complicated things in an understandable way.
- An intrinsic drive to move things forward and able to take a leadership role even in imperfect conditions
- Team player who is able to can act independently with a pro-active attitude
Acts responsibly and works accurately Ways we work:
Patient centric focus
- Creatively seeks future opportunities
- Resilience when confronted with obstacles
- Team player, must enjoy working in a complex matrix environment
- Keen to build strong in- and external professional relationships
- Adaptability in a changing environment
- Acts consistently with regulations/policies, ethics and obligations
Job Classification: Experienced
Primary Location: Netherlands-North Holland-Hoofddorp
Organization: Research & Development
Req ID: 1701439